Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone . . .

Hey guys,

I've been reading this thread for quite sometime. It's interesting to see the comradery you guys have in sharing all the same interests. I just had a couple quick questions for you if thats alright. I have always wanted to be a trooper, so I took the test in February 2008. I did okay, but not as well as I anticipated (everyone says that lol) I got an 88 on the examination and I am ranked 5500 something . . . do i stand a chance in this process?? Or did I score too low? How long would you estimate given the circumstances (the economy and whatnot) that it would take to even be looked at?

I'm sure you guys get alot of these inquiries, but I just want to know if my dream to be a NYS Trooper is feasible or if I should move on.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by BradyBeck; 02-22-2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• I realize that the numbers will vary but......On average how many troopers will work out of a given station for a shift?

Comment

• Originally posted by BradyBeck View Post
        I just want to know if my dream to be a NYS Trooper is feasible or if I should move on.

What Up on Base said... Though I might add these are different times and who knows what they will do in the near and distant future with the State Police. They may not go so deep into the list as in previous yrs but I am thinking in the 5,000s you should still be safe.

Originally posted by pilot56 View Post
        I realize that the numbers will vary but......On average how many troopers will work out of a given station for a shift?
        As mentioned it varies from station to station. Zone and Troop will have more Troopers but I can't put a number on the actual amount working on any shift.

I can say that I have worked at a station where they had 3 Troopers on a 1 shift answering less than one call for service a day whereas my current station often has 1 trooper handling 8-14 calls depending on how many they can fit into their shift. The 1 shift usually rolls in around 7:15pm every night unless they are still on calls.

Comment

• are there any plain clothes units?

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by willie7797 View Post
              are there any plain clothes units?
              Plenty of them.

Investigators are all plain clothes, both back room and specialized units.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I should prob rephrase that. I meant to ask are there plain clothes units that do some type of patrol?

Comment

• Originally posted by willie7797 View Post
                  I should prob rephrase that. I meant to ask are there plain clothes units that do some type of patrol?
                  That information is highly classified.

Need to know basis only.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Lol Excuse Me.
                    But thank you for the insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                      15 pushups could very well mean 15+ miuntes in the push up position.
                      Oh ok I understand now, thanks for the clarification. Now I can comprehend why they would quit. But for me quittings not an option they have to kick me out!

Comment

• Thanks for the info.

Comment

• How come troopers dont wear vests?

Comment

• I have a question for the current nysp on this forum. A few days ago i got a letter in the mail saying that i was apparently "not what the nysp is looking for". I am currently at fletc training for cbp officer. This jobs seems cushy but nysp is what I have wanted to do since i graduated highschool. Did 4 years as a security forces member in the airforce and did two tours in iraq. Kept a clean record the whole time and a very clean driving record. I also passed a background investigation for the department of homeland security so i dont think im that bad of a guy? But apparently im not good enough for the nysp according to the genious's in albany. One guys dream gone out the window in one letter. Didnt even make it to the polygraph. Knocked out on the psych. Anyway, enough bitching, does anyone know if theres any kind of appeal process for this? I truly dont feel that I should have been DQed from the process. Sorry for the lengthy post. Guess I'll just try and be happy with this job for now. Plenty of opportunities in the feds that dont require the individual to be a robot :-(
                            "Just another day in paradise"

Comment

• I also called up all of my trooper buddies after it happend and they really couldnt articulate a logical reason why i would have been DQed. Must be a pretty shady process down there in albany. Should i try again four years from now or will they just keep the results from my previous psych eval?

Comment

• yeah that came out wrong. sorry. I just feel like I worked so hard towards it by staying on the right path and never doing anything that I thought would eliminate me. Been waiting since highschool for this. 24 now. I guess it does happen to people all the time. I didnt mean robots as an insult. Just meant that the current troopers must have an even cleaner record than me which i didnt think was possible but hey. I still look very highly at my friends who are troopers and the nysp in general. I just feel that somone in albany made a very bad call and I feel that I should be able to at least appeal it. Thank you for the replies. btw. I went to the red carpet lounge once at fletc and had a knife pulled on me the first hour there. never again lol. Georgia sux. End of story

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7550 users online. 264 members and 7286 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X