300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidneys

Which goes to one of my reasons for hydration while using supplements.

Keeps the concentrations diluted with masses of water so that the kidney doesn't get stressed.

One of my cousins was a big 'roid head back 15 years ago and lost a kidney from the abuse !

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
      Which goes to one of my reasons for hydration while using supplements.

Keeps the concentrations diluted with masses of water so that the kidney doesn't get stressed.

One of my cousins was a big 'roid head back 15 years ago and lost a kidney from the abuse !
      Exactly, I don't know about you, but I would much rather just eat normal food, not use supplements and have a truly natural build. If you were meant to be big, you would have grown that way. Hard work is the best way to go!

Plus hydration is very important no matter what. Its amazing what drinking the amount of water you are supposed to, will actually do for weight loss, fatigue and overall health. I read an article that said 50% of the time your body "feels" hungry, you are actually just thirsty but your mind thinks you have to eat.
      Last edited by thefirm5; 12-04-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NNYSquad View Post
        Yeah, any talk or rumors about when the next academy class might start? I've seen in the past where they usually start a month after the previous class graduates, but I've heard you might be see the next one sooner than most think. Plus, if they only took 95 recruits there should be plenty left over from the medical processing, which had 220-240 people attend, to fill another class.

I don't see how the budget or economy should affect another class starting up too much...traffic tickets bring revenue into the state. Not to mention that usually when unemployment increases so does the crime rate.
        I was one of the ones from the medical processing who passed everything, no letter though. I guess they had a bunch or deferrals to sign up first. I scored 98.XX on the exam sooo hopefully second class. I gave up my career in the Marines to do this.
        sigpic
        SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Heard 5 recruits quit the sunday night and 2 more quit after having to do 15 push ups in their suits.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• wow i wish i could have the chance to do 15 pushups in a suit one day, guess some people cant handle it

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-21-2009, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                Heard 5 recruits quit the sunday night and 2 more quit after having to do 15 push ups in their suits.
                That's hilarious. I'm was amazed when people were quitting the NYSDOC academy, and that was literally nothing. Good to rule out the weak ones sooner than later!

Comment

Heard 5 recruits quit the sunday night and 2 more quit after having to do 15 push ups in their suits.
                  Reliable source?
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

15 push-ups? Wow, that's shocking how did they pass the PAT?

Comment

• Yeah really....15 push ups? They think those are mind games? Try Marine boot camp in the 1990's.
                      sigpic
                      SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• If that is true, I really hope I hear something this weekend..I must be one of the last backfills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                          15 push-ups? Wow, that's shocking how did they pass the PAT?
                          Originally posted by nickebloom View Post
                          Yeah really....15 push ups? They think those are mind games? Try Marine boot camp in the 1990's.
                          15 pushups could very well mean 15+ miuntes in the push up position.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                            "Oh You're just not getting it are you! Try again. Zero! Again Zero! Again Zero! Zero! Zero! Oh you almost had that one but the recruit in the corner just didn't want to lock his arms ZERO! ZERO! blahblahblahzeroblahlahblahzero! Let's just sit here in the up position for five minutes as we all visualize the proper way to do a push up. Ok start again ZERO!
                            It's nice to see some things never change.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                              Very likely the case. The old we aren't leaving until we all do 15 proper push ups together.

"Oh You're just not getting it are you! Try again. Zero! Again Zero! Again Zero! Zero! Zero! Oh you almost had that one but the recruit in the corner just didn't want to lock his arms ZERO! ZERO! blahblahblahzeroblahlahblahzero! Let's just sit here in the up position for five minutes as we all visualize the proper way to do a push up. Ok start again ZERO!

At this point you go to your special place. For those who want it bad enough their special place is that part of their brain that makes it all go away. To those who don't their special place is home with mommy.
                              "How many push-up positions are there?" D-OH

My personal favorite was the morning my friend and I got to lead everyone in 200 burpees then he and I got to run the loop sharing a 35lb medicine ball.. and that was just week 2... Good times..

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                                "How many push-up positions are there?" D-OH

My personal favorite was the morning my friend and I got to lead everyone in 200 burpees then he and I got to run the loop sharing a 35lb medicine ball.. and that was just week 2... Good times..
                                So you were the cause for the 200 burpees! Well, "Front Falls" will always hold a special place in my heart. I think I am going to have some scrambled eggs and sausage links for breakfast, just for old times sake

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12035 users online. 494 members and 11541 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X