Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just under 50% prior military and around 10% prior LE. At least 5 of those that didn't make it were prior LE.

Comment

• I work out pretty regularly and drink protein shakes.. some of the guys at work are recommending creatine supplements, but I wasn't sure if that was something NYSP would look down on? Just thought I'd ask to be on the safe side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
        Wonder how many people want to go home to mommy tonight?

Another topic, anyone ever read Lone Survivor?

Best book I ever read, they are also making a movie but I am sure it won't do it justice.
        That book is great. One of the best that I have read.

Comment

• Originally posted by FKD1013 View Post
          I work out pretty regularly and drink protein shakes.. some of the guys at work are recommending creatine supplements, but I wasn't sure if that was something NYSP would look down on? Just thought I'd ask to be on the safe side.
          Creatine is naturally produced by your body and it's not a controlled or otherwise illegal substance so why would Division have a problem with it? Are you going to be able to have food in your quad? No, but that's a diffrent story.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
            Creatine is naturally produced by your body and it's not a controlled or otherwise illegal substance so why would Division have a problem with it? Are you going to be able to have food in your quad? No, but that's a diffrent story.
            Sounds good, just double checking. So on average how soon after one academy starts do they start processing for the next class.. I'm hoping maybe the fourth or fifth class I get notified, but the results for the October test the military guys took aren't up yet so that could set my rank back quite a bit.

Comment

• Supplements

Creatine is naturally produced, you really don't need more than what your body naturally produces/uses.

Supplements can be good or bad.

I suggest you ONLY USE "EAS" products, they are certified to be un-contaminated by improper mixing/cleaning of equiptment.
              The NFLPA (National Football League Player's Assoc.) tells the NFL players to ONLY USE EAS for that reason. Plus, none of their products are currently illegal for use in the NFL and their collective bargaining agreement. Which means you won't get a positve reading while in the Academy for a CDS.

I suggest that you pay close attention to hydration while in the Academy if you want to use creatine, it can cause muscle cramping with improper hydration.

Comment

• I figured as much with the budget.. it can get confusing because I heard they recently let go a class at the DOC academy.. but just started another one the same night NYSP did.. who knows though there is so much floating around, I hear different things all the time. And BigWill thanks for the creatine input, I like my regular protein shakes after a workout but had heard some good things about a few creatine products from guys at work so I just figured I'd ask. I'm sure there's a long way to go before I see the academy, but it's never too soon to get into shape for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                  My class had somewhere around a dozen. However, 2 did not graduate.
                  Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  Just under 50% prior military and around 10% prior LE. At least 5 of those that didn't make it were prior LE.
                  Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by FKD1013 View Post
                    I'm sure there's a long way to go before I see the academy, but it's never too soon to get into shape for it.
                    FKD1013,

What did you score on the exam, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• any news when they are going to be sending out letters again?

Comment

• Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                        any news when they are going to be sending out letters again?
                        Appointment letters? Seeing as how a class just went in Sunday night, 6 months from now will be graduation and then you have to wait for a whole new bunch to process. It's not going to be for a while. It's way to soon to even speculate about another class because of the economy.
                        Last edited by Nick331; 12-03-2008, 09:36 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Last edited by NNYSquad; 05-21-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                            FKD1013,

What did you score on the exam, if you don't mind me asking?
                            No problem.. I scored 90.xx and ranked mid 4100's.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                              Creatine is naturally produced, you really don't need more than what your body naturally produces/uses.

Supplements can be good or bad.

I suggest that you pay close attention to hydration while in the Academy if you want to use creatine, it can cause muscle cramping with improper hydration.
                              Just a follow up on this very correct statement. I was certified to be a personal trainer, but have since let it lapse because I didn't have enough time. Also my mother has worked in the physical fitness business for as long as I have been alive and has tons of resources on this type of stuff. However what bigwill said is great. Supplements are exactly that SUPPLEMENTS.
                              I will use protein shakes as an example. A lot of guys insist on drinking protein shakes, however a good portion of them already get enough protein in their diet, which is the best way to get it. Shakes and supplements should be used if you don't get enough naturally.
                              The problem arises when your body processes these extra nutrients in your body. It puts a lot of extra stress on your kindeys because they have to filter the stuff out. Which in the short-term, not that bad, but long term could come back to haunt you.
                              Long story short, if you can get it from the food and liquids you would normally take in in a day, then do that. Anything extra means extra work on the organs.

Sorry for the long post, but I know there is alot of talk about this kind of stuff with guys who work out.

Comment

• Originally posted by NNYSquad View Post
                                Yeah, any talk or rumors about when the next academy class might start? I've seen in the past where they usually start a month after the previous class graduates, but I've heard you might be see the next one sooner than most think.
                                This Week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7233 users online. 260 members and 6973 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X