300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian23 View Post
    I am one of the guys they recently called for backfill...nervously waiting for a call now.
    If you don't mind saying, what is your approximate rank???

Good luck on getting called by the way.

Comment

• Hi everyone.. I've been lurking a while, and decided to finally post.

I've been a State CO for almost four and a half years, and took my first NYSP exam this past Feb. I'm ranked 41XX (Score 90.XX), so I'm hopeful that maybe in a few years I'll hear something, but I'm not sure how many they usually process from one exam so you never know.

I wanted to say good luck and congratulations to all the future troopers currently at the academy, you've worked hard and earned your place!

Comment

I am one of the guys they recently called for backfill...nervously waiting for a call now.
        Brian23 what was your rank on the list when you logged into the exam system? Looking to see where they are at approximately on the list of eligibles. thanks.
        sigpic
        SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
          Ehh, it's just an expression. I could've said i've went through all processing up until the point of receiving a yellow folder saying that I had been selected to participate in the next academy class, but thought "Golden Ticket" would get my point across.
          Ehh, or else you could have said a "letter of appointment", which is what it is...
          Last edited by GrayPatriot; 12-01-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skasif11 View Post
            I've been a lurker on the forums since I took the test in February...Tons of good info on here. I had a general question. I recently had abdominal surgery in early October. I had adhesions from an appendectomy 8 years ago. My surgeon advised me that the way that my body forms scar tissue, I am bound to have this happen again. First time, it took 8 years, he said it could take 2 months, 2 years, 10...20...30 years, etc. No real knowing of when. So my question is that would this be something that could DQ me when I go over my medical eval (assuming I get that far)? I'm ranked in the low 1200's, so I assume it won't be for a few years that I'll even have to worry about it with the cuts and amt of people ranked in triple digits that are on backfill/slated for next class. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
            Probably a question best answered by a Division Doc and I don't think any of them read or post here. I would call your Troop Recruiter and ask for help in getting in touch with someone who can provide you the answer.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
              Ehh, or else you could have said a "letter of appointment", which is what it is...
              Ok I won't ever use the G T phrase ever again. I promise. I processed up until receiving a letter of appointment.

Comment

• deleted post
                Last edited by Brian23; 04-29-2011, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

My rank is in the 400's. How long do they back fill for at the academy?
                    Upper 400's lower 400's????

Comment

• deleted post
                      Last edited by Brian23; 04-29-2011, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
                        Ok I won't ever use the G T phrase ever again. I promise. I processed up until receiving a letter of appointment.
                        Lighten up a little. After all, I said I was amused, not angry.

I don't care what you call it. How about the "Golden Manna from Nirvana, written by Thor himself, and proof read by Zarathrustra."

GMNTprZ

If you don't mind me mixing myths.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Any idea when the new list of eligibility comes out or gets published?
                            sigpic
                            SSgt US Marines 99-07

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                              I got the Willy Wonka reference, but you completely lost me on that one SDT!
                              That's because I just made it up.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Does anyone have an idea of how many NYSP recruits have prior LE experience? I'm not looking for numbers, just a general consensus. It seems that most of the new recruits that posted here had no prior LE experience (besides military). Is this a common trend or are there a fair share of recruits who have been LEOs prior to the start of the NYSP academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10150 users online. 454 members and 9696 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X