Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About how long does an elligibility list last for? I took the test in March 2006 and was ranked at about 2100, but Im currently on a deferment (Im a Marine serving in Iraq). I was wondering if I should be concerned about being booted off the list if it should expire before I can continue processing. Any advice would be great.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49
      About how long does an elligibility list last for? I took the test in March 2006 and was ranked at about 2100, but Im currently on a deferment (Im a Marine serving in Iraq). I was wondering if I should be concerned about being booted off the list if it should expire before I can continue processing. Any advice would be great.
      The list should be good for another two classes at least. When is the earliest you would be able to reactivate yourself?

Comment

• Ranking

I'm ranked 11,000 or so, do you think i'll get called soon? or get a letter soon? thanks

Comment

• I'll be in Iraq for a while unfortuneately. I get out of the Marine Corps in 2008. My recruiter told me that my deferment should be valid for a while, but she didnt say exactly how long. I hope that I dont have to take the test over again, as I got a good score/ranking the first time around.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Good luck to those going into the academy. Some advice: DON'T QUIT! They can't kill you. It seems like forever at the beginning, but you'll wonder where the time went at the end. You might even wish you were back there briefly once you get out of a controlled environment because you'll be so accustomed to it. You'll probably find yourself inadvertently walking in step while you aren't at the academy.

Comment

• Next processing???

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have been reading the posts for a while. It has been very imformative. I am a current NYSP candidate who was called for processing last April but had to defer until I finish my college credit requirement this May. I contacted NYSP Recruiting in November to let them know I will be available for the next processing class being it takes approx. 6 months for processing and I would have the credits by the next academy start date. I was told I will be contacted as soon as the next processing starts.

Could anyone tell me if there has been any processing since November or know when the next processing will be or might be?

Thanks
              Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 01:08 PM.
              sigpic
              IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Well today is the last day of freedom for 6 months for some people reading this forum. Good luck to one and all starting tonight. We are not expecting to hear from you until you graduate

Bob: No idea when the next processing starts but it has to be soon. You will probably know before we do. There are a lot of people who have already processed and are waiting to update their background for the projected July/August class. I am thinking they could almost fill a class, if it is another small class, with people who have already processed or deferred for military/education...

Either way, best of luck to all...
                Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• Good Luck

For all those making the trip to Albany, good luck and DON'T QUIT. And in 6 months hopefully I'll be senior to somebody.
                  When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• good luck to all...ill be right behind you next sunday for a loooong 27 weeks in the psp

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranter64
                      For all those making the trip to Albany, good luck and DON'T QUIT. And in 6 months hopefully I'll be senior to somebody.
                      Hahaha... Vacation picks haven't made it down to you yet?
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Wannabeenytrp thanx for the reply. I wonder if being I deferred from April I will have alot of guys ahead of me that didn't make the last academy class due to background holdups etc...

If anyone can answer any of the following questions I'd be much appreciative.

Anyone know approx. how many classes have been going in per year since the list was established?

Anyone know if the PAT, written Psych and polygraph are graded as pass or fail or traditional average type grades that will affect your time of placement into the academy?

I tried getting these answers from recruiting but got alot of idunno you will have to wait and see. So any help with answers to these questions and any other info that may be of help in my current status is very much appreciated.

Thanks
                        Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 01:10 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• If your list number was ahead of them then, it will still be now. Entrance to the academy is based on your list number. If you are deferred vs. someone who is in the middle of processing for a class, if your number is better than his you get bumped ahead of him. Everything besides the written is pass/fail.

192nd graduated 93
                          193rd graduated 243
                          194th entered with ~82

I would guess the average class has been ~150

Comment

• Nysp

Does anyone know if the list # would ever reach passed 10,000-11,000?

Comment

• WishIknew, thanx a mil for your help. I was really feeling left in the dark with these questions. It's good to know I can be put back in place reguardless of how far someone with a list # after me is in the processing. A fellow member here mentioned that a class just went in to the academy so I'm wondering if they should be doing another processing real soon. Is it common for the NYSP academy to take two classes at once? Because I could of swore I read on this forum or a related one that a class also went in in November, or was that the same class delayed?

Thanx again,
                              Bob
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b
                                WishIknew, thanx a mil for your help. I was really feeling left in the dark with these questions. It's good to know I can be put back in place reguardless of how far someone with a list # after me is in the processing. A fellow member here mentioned that a class just went in to the academy so I'm wondering if they should be doing another processing real soon. Is it common for the NYSP academy to take two classes at once? Because I could of swore I read on this forum or a related one that a class also went in in November, or was that the same class delayed?

Thanx again,
                                Bob
                                There was a 'projected' start date in late november when the last class was just starting but it was pushed back. The recruits that are about ready to be cut loose graduated on Halloween so most knew that the likelyhood of a November class was slim and none. About running dual academies... I know it happened a few times many many years ago. There were a few classes in Brockport probably 20 years or more ago.
                                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12209 users online. 440 members and 11769 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X