Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the advice every one. Based on my "best judgement" I put the stock exhaust back on. The one that was on there wasn't very loud, but I don't want to take any chances. Also in about a half hour I'm leaving for an appointment to have my window tint removed.
    Every one around me thinks I'm crazy...I just think it shows how much I want the job!

Comment

• Hope everyone has a good holiday tomorrow. I received news from a guy from Albany that I didn't make the backfill list, but he said I was in the first 10 for the next academy class, which I guess is ok I am in the 400s in case there are others who are wondering about their situation. Only a few more days for the ones that are going!

Comment

• i guess i just barely made the backfill list then because i'm in the low 400's. anyone know how many are on the list?

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
          Thanks for the advice every one. Based on my "best judgement" I put the stock exhaust back on. The one that was on there wasn't very loud, but I don't want to take any chances. Also in about a half hour I'm leaving for an appointment to have my window tint removed.
          Every one around me thinks I'm crazy...I just think it shows how much I want the job!
          I think you made the right decision, but I didn't want to come right out and tell you what you should do. Actually, since you are from LI, I probably missed my only chance to do so. Ha Ha
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tlundberg04 View Post
            i guess i just barely made the backfill list then because i'm in the low 400's. anyone know how many are on the list?
            Just a guess, I have no inside knowledge. But I suspect it usually around 10 per cent of the class, which mean 9 or 10 people.

Comment

• 10 people are backfill and were already contacted to my knowledge.

Comment

• yeah i got a call for the orientation but i was in florida and couldn't go.

Comment

• I would guess you are number 10 then as I know the rank of number 9 and it's still in the 300s. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy it for those of you going to the Academy, last meal like this for a while haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
                      I'm upper 800's and went through everything up until getting a golden ticket. I'm just hoping maybe i'll get in next class.
                      I am always amused when I hear people talk of "The Golden Ticket."

While this is a good job and can be a fantastic career, there is nothing Golden about it. This job is hard work, and it's harder now than 20 years ago. (believe me, I was here 20 years ago).

You will be well paid, but you will earn every penny. There is nothing golden about it. It's not like you've won the lottery. Though I do admire the enthusiasm.

Comment

• It's official, see you all Sunday

Comment

• A very well deserved congrats to cadetlinux. You deserve it bro. You better be running right now!

Comment

• well I've heard that only 61 people have accepted for the academy that starts on Sunday...which leaves a big gap leftover for the 95 they wanted. I heard they went through all the backfills and are still calling. I wonder if I will get a call since I am in the 400's, and I wonder if they will keep calling in to next week after the initial academy start date. Very exciting news, although I prolly won't get a chance until the next academy go-round.

Comment

• I missed the orientation this last weekend. I was told by my recruiter that you should bring a suitcase with all your items in it. Is this what you guys were told, he also mentioned to not bring a suitcase with wheels on it, do those even exist anymore? anyone else told something different to bring.

Comment

• how much running should we expect at the academy. I am able to run 3-5 miles, just wondering if we should expect a 2-4 mile run every day?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11327 users online. 401 members and 10926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X