Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just wondering if anyone else here met with the psychologist and haven't heard anything since. Recruiter says I have to wait until next class, but I was just wondering if anyone on here was in the same boat.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      Congratulation reils49. It's been a long road for you.

      Congratulations to the others too. It's just that I have corresponded with reils, so I singled him out.
      Thank you sir.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        I'm hearing a smaller number, just like 4985.
        I went to the Orientation last night at Troop A HQ and were told the magic number was 96.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NYIllini
          I don't know if people weren't listening or they just didn't think to take it seriously because you'll see people there with everything they own. Most of the guys that quit in the first week are the guys who draw special attention to themselves that first night and then are ruthlessly hounded for the rest of the week.
          They showed a great pic of some poor guy who showed up the first night in a polo and shorts..I can imagine how hard they made it on him

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
            I am in fact a backfill.....and a very low one at that....I hope they hired some quitters!!!! Haha
            It sucks to be a backfill but at least you will miss the harassment of the first night... also, you will be the jubior guy from your class which plays a role when it comes to vacation time and a few other things.
            Congrats!

            Originally posted by bambri13 View Post
            Ok...gotta vent so here goes. The list of things to bring was so uninformative.
            Most went through the academy without the benefit of this forum. No one here is going to spell out everything for you as going in blind is half the fun.

            A few things that have already been posted:
            Pack light the first week.
            You should get by on 1 suit and
            make friends with kiwi



            Spot the recruit.
            Recruits_Shoes.jpg

            Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            He's probably wearing it in the back room now, isn' the?

            Not this guy didn't strike me as a hard worker... wait a second, maybe he is

            Comment


            • Maybe it has already been answered, but what rank number did they process down to for this upcoming class? (600, 800, 1000?)

              Best guess anyone?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post



                Spot the recruit.
                [ATTACH]3237[/ATTACH]






                WOW... now that drives home the point!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                  Maybe it has already been answered, but what rank number did they process down to for this upcoming class? (600, 800, 1000?)

                  Best guess anyone?
                  I'm upper 800's and went through everything up until getting a golden ticket. I'm just hoping maybe i'll get in next class.

                  Comment


                  • Low 300s and backfill here.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                      They showed a great pic of some poor guy who showed up the first night in a polo and shorts..I can imagine how hard they made it on him
                      It's ok to bring the shorts and polo shirts for going out or hanging out in your room studying. If you are on a special diet just let the staff know. Don't forget to great them when you arrive on Sunday.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
                        I'm upper 800's and went through everything up until getting a golden ticket. I'm just hoping maybe i'll get in next class.
                        Mid 600's here and processing stopped at psychological interview. Recruiter said I would have received a DQ already if I was

                        Comment


                        • I know it said uniforms would not be given out for a few weeks, does this also include PT gear..should we be bringing some plain shirts/shorts?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                            I know it said uniforms would not be given out for a few weeks, does this also include PT gear..should we be bringing some plain shirts/shorts?
                            I'm guessing your suit will be your PT gear in the beginning.

                            Comment


                            • My wife is having a baby at the end of January, how does the academy handle a situation like this? Will she have someone to call when she goes into labor? Will I be allowed to leave for part of a day to go to the hospital?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Avery2000 View Post
                                My wife is having a baby at the end of January, how does the academy handle a situation like this? Will she have someone to call when she goes into labor? Will I be allowed to leave for part of a day to go to the hospital?
                                You will be assigned to a Trooper. Advice him of this early during the Academy (it doesn't have to be day one). It will work out ok.
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10577 users online. 296 members and 10281 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X