Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • High 600 ranked here, but I attended the medical processing a week ago, but no letter, or phone call, or even signs of a backfill, I sure hope this economy turns around within the next 6-7months!!
    Good Luck to those called! Make sure to come back on hear and give me advice about what to look out for!

    Comment


    • Hey Mwonger, I'm in same boat. In the 600s, went to last step medical, no letter/call just yet.. looks like they are going straight down the list.. congrats to those who are heading up there so far !
      Last edited by Yankees13; 11-24-2008, 04:10 PM.

      Comment


      • Ok...gotta vent so here goes. The list of things to bring was so uninformative. How many suits? How many sweat pants and sweatshirts? Are there laundry facilities or do we bring stuff home on the weekends to clean em? Iron and ironing board? and last but not least what should we bring to wear when we arent in class and just in our rooms at night?........if someone senior could please help. kinda pullin my hair out cause we dont have much time haha

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post




          'miss mommy'
          I miss my mommy already

          On another note: my "GOLDEN TICKET" arrived today. I declined of course.... NOT!
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bambri13 View Post
            Ok...gotta vent so here goes. The list of things to bring was so uninformative. How many suits? How many sweat pants and sweatshirts? Are there laundry facilities or do we bring stuff home on the weekends to clean em? Iron and ironing board? and last but not least what should we bring to wear when we arent in class and just in our rooms at night?........if someone senior could please help. kinda pullin my hair out cause we dont have much time haha
            The reason for Orientation is so you don't pull your hair out. There are reasons why things are vague and people don't tell you what to expect. WE ALL WENT INTO IT NOT KNOWING ANYTHING EITHER! The first thing you will learn at the Academy is you are not going to be spoon fed. You are only away for a week. Be prepared to shop when you come home for the weekend! Go to an orientation night and ask questions. If you want advise, I would sit back and enjoy "just in your room at night" this week!

            Comment


            • Congrats again to everyone that has received their calls and letters. Keep us updated when you are able.

              Does anyone know how many individuals they processed through (from the '08 exam list) for this first class?

              Thanks!

              Comment


              • This similar question has been asked a couple of times, but no one has answered it: If you have been disqualified, do they tell you, and how long after they DQ you? I am just curious as I went through this entire process, told everthing looks good. Even up until three days before final medical I was asked to fax VA records and college transcript to albany. My background packet was sent to Albany over two weeks before the final med. Just seems like my packet must have been gone over to realize they needed missing info days before the med. I was even told by more than one trooper at the medical that if you were there, background was good. My rank is in the 60's, so it's not that. Just kind of confused here. No invite to academy, and no DQ letter. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks And good luck to those who have been selected.

                Comment


                • they might have more recruits than needed for the academy. u might be on a backfill list or a list for the next class

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
                    they might have more recruits than needed for the academy. u might be on a backfill list or a list for the next class
                    That would be a lovely thought, but if they go by rank number, this is not possible.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post

                      A guy I went through the academy with bought a $4 suit from the salvation army and it lasted him just fine.
                      He's probably wearing it in the back room now, isn' the?
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                        I just talked to a person who has spent a lot of time in Albany and he said he was hearing 75 for the longest time and now he is hearing 150 >

                        I'm hearing a smaller number, just like 4985.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                          So I just received a phone call asking if I planned on confirming attendance at orientation tomorrow?? This is the first communication I've received and I'm obviously confused.
                          Sometimes things get lost in the mail. Did you follow up on it?

                          What going on?
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                            I miss my mommy already

                            On another note: my "GOLDEN TICKET" arrived today. I declined of course.... NOT!
                            Congratulation reils49. It's been a long road for you.

                            Congratulations to the others too. It's just that I have corresponded with reils, so I singled him out.

                            Good luck to all of you.

                            BTW, the reson for all these posts in a row, is that I'm watching "Tha Academy on AandE right now. It's realistic, not unlike out Academy. Must have made me nosalgic.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NYSPJOB View Post
                              The reason for Orientation is so you don't pull your hair out. There are reasons why things are vague and people don't tell you what to expect. WE ALL WENT INTO IT NOT KNOWING ANYTHING EITHER! The first thing you will learn at the Academy is you are not going to be spoon fed. You are only away for a week. Be prepared to shop when you come home for the weekend! Go to an orientation night and ask questions. If you want advise, I would sit back and enjoy "just in your room at night" this week!
                              Thanks...thats kinda what i was expecting O well, im pumped tho...all the fun begins in 5 days!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • go to orientation. it helped a lot.
                                Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:36 AM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6645 users online. 324 members and 6321 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X