300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
    To all recruits going in on the 30th, I was recommended by my one of my friends who is a Trooper to buy a REALLY inexpensive suit from a place like WALMART, TARGET, or SEARS. I just went to WALMART and found a black suit that will deff work for 60 bucks!!! The suit is going to get trashed anyways, so might as well not wear the good ol' PinStripe.
    I bought an inexpensive suit at Target for $80 before this whole process got rolling, I'm just going to use that..The suits were nice there, because they look like they would be more expensive...the pants were $20 and the jacket $60

Comment

• Hey all. Congrats to everyone who is getting their "golden tickets"...

I had to swing by Bldg 22 yesterday to get mine cuz I'm out of town all next week!

I remember reading in previous posts from a while back that it's recommended to buy a PL & CPL reference book. I'm looking at looseleaflaw.com and they have PL, PL/CPL, V&T...my question is anyone going to buy these and which ones?

Thanks.
      See y'all next Sunday!

Comment

• post deleted
        Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
            You will be provided with all of the required books and manuals.
            Yes you will. There is no point in bringing law books.

Just bring what the letter tells you to bring. Either that, or look at my post of a few weeks ago. It has a very comprehensive list of what to bring.

Congratulations to all of you and good luck.

One more thing. DON'T QUIT!

They can't kill you there. You may think they are, you may even want them to some times. But they won't kill you. Tough it out and don't quit. For those of you who are veterens, you will find the structured life at the Academy much easier than the rest of the class. Show some leadership and help people out.
            Last edited by SlowDownThere; 11-22-2008, 01:47 PM.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avery2000 View Post
              We are starting in the dead of winter, I did ROTC at UAlbany which is right next to the police academy, we used to see them doing PT in the mornings. It is cold as hell and cotton is your enemy in the cold, that is what most cheaper sweat suits are made of. I would personally advise spending a couple bucks to try to find yourself the warmest *** sweat suit you can find.
              As someone who did Army Basic in such frigid cold that the majority of my platoon had some degree of cold injury which they had to be treated for, I also highly, highly recommend putting some money in to a good PT ensemble

Comment

• Received packet today!!...I purchased some Under Armour cold weather gear last night to try out today, and it worked very well in about 25degree weather

Comment

• post deleted
                  Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Calls

So does anyone know if they are still making calls or not? I'm still jumping every time the phone rings hoping that it is member hiring calling to tell me I've won the lottery for the Academy. haha. Just curious for those of you that have gotten the call what the highest number is?

Thanks in advance for the info...

Comment

• when exactly do u think u will have time to put on cold armor gear. Indoor pt gear then outdoor pt gear grey sweats go over indoor pt gear. thats it. everyone else sucked it up before so u will have to do the same.

Comment

• This may be a silly question but I have to ask...in the packet they tell you to bring gray sweatshirts. Does it matter if it's hooded or non-hooded?

Also, what time do we typically have to rise and shine? I'd like to prepare myself now so I can make the transition to being a morning person haha.

Comment

• NO HOODS

in the gym in pt formation 530 am and i mean in formation 530 am

Comment

• [QUOTE=H-D Jay;1507431] I'm looking at looseleaflaw.com and they have PL, PL/CPL, V&T...my question is anyone going to buy these and which ones?
                            QUOTE]

As already mentioned all necessary book will be provided. Don't worry about learning the material before hand as you will be taught all you need to know. I do have CPL and V+T from looseleaf I keep at home becuase I like to know everything

Originally posted by Avery2000 View Post
                            I would personally advise spending a couple bucks to try to find yourself the warmest *** sweat suit you can find.
                            Like FUCCO mentioned it isn't that cold and we all went through w/o high speed gear. It is not like the military where you will be spending days on end in the field. You will only be outside when you are running and then you will be wanting to rip off your sweats you will be so hot!

No hoods and no insignias -- sweats with no markings on them only.

A guy I went through the academy with bought a $4 suit from the salvation army and it lasted him just fine.

The guys who graduated more recently can give you better insight into how things run, but some things never change -- Don't be that guy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                              Fucco is correct. Simple gray to begin with. They may allow other stuff for underneath later but I wouldn't show up with it at first. You are going to be cold plain and simple. Our first PT test we ran outside and it was below zero. Hats, glove and sweats. That was it. They give you your indoor uniform but there is still an expectation that the class will look somewhat uniformed in outdoor PT gear. It shouldn't look like the inside of a Gold's gym.
                              Fucco is never wrong

Comment

• Cold

Don't spend your money on sweats. spend it on a good black winter hat and gloves.

CONGRADS TO EVERYONE.

AND DON'T QUIT
                                It's all worth it!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6394 users online. 342 members and 6052 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X