Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget to buy your mini-fridges...
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      I GOT THE CALL!!!

Apparently, there was some confusion with my military discharge papers. But the Trooper I spoke with on the phone tonight, told me as long as I fax another copy of my DD-214 tonight, I will be recieving my invite next week.
      Congratulations Relis. I'm glad to hear you got the call...you truly deserve it. Good luck.

Comment

• I didn't get the letter yet...hopefully tomorrow

Comment

• I'm very happy to hear that reils...congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
            I received mine today as well. Now to go out and do some shopping!
            Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Can I just say....I'm irrationally holding out a small amount of hope....ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                Can I just say....I'm irrationally holding out a small amount of hope....ha ha
                I hope you get it, it is not out of the realm of possibilities that based on who didn't accept the offer, they will do another round of calls next week.

Comment

• I just got a call from my BI today from the NYSPP. Park Police academy cancelled for this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manny2000 View Post
                    I just got a call from my BI today from the NYSPP. Park Police academy cancelled for this year.
                    Yeah, I think those of us who got in this Trooper class are real lucky, doesn't look like any State agencies will be hiring for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avery2000 View Post
                      Yeah, I think those of us who got in this Trooper class are real lucky, doesn't look like any State agencies will be hiring for a while.

Comment

• Ahhh that Golden Ticket arrived!

To all recruits going in on the 30th, I was recommended by my one of my friends who is a Trooper to buy a REALLY inexpensive suit from a place like WALMART, TARGET, or SEARS. I just went to WALMART and found a black suit that will deff work for 60 bucks!!! The suit is going to get trashed anyways, so might as well not wear the good ol' PinStripe.

Also, Target has great Hanes Sweat Pants and Sweat Shirts for $6.50 each.

Hope this all helps!

Comment

• Originally posted by MB Troop View Post
                          Ahhh that Golden Ticket arrived!

To all recruits going in on the 30th, I was recommended by my one of my friends who is a Trooper to buy a REALLY inexpensive suit from a place like WALMART, TARGET, or SEARS. I just went to WALMART and found a black suit that will deff work for 60 bucks!!! The suit is going to get trashed anyways, so might as well not wear the good ol' PinStripe.

Also, Target has great Hanes Sweat Pants and Sweat Shirts for $6.50 each.

Hope this all helps!
                          We are starting in the dead of winter, I did ROTC at UAlbany which is right next to the police academy, we used to see them doing PT in the mornings. It is cold as hell and cotton is your enemy in the cold, that is what most cheaper sweat suits are made of. I would personally advise spending a couple bucks to try to find yourself the warmest *** sweat suit you can find.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
                            Do they give you a complete list of what we need? Has anyone heard yet of an orientation at their local Troop? I called my recruiter but she is hard to get a hold of.
                            They give you a list of general items that are required, not very comprehensive but it gives you an idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                              I GOT THE CALL!!!
                              Congrats! See you on the 30th!!

Comment

• Just got my appointment packet.
                                Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:34 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12705 users online. 483 members and 12222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X