300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post deleted
    Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
      If you don't mind me asking, who told you about the orientation? I haven't heard anything about it yet? Is it in Albany or at our local Troop headquarters? Thanks.

And to the poster who recommended we stay at our current job until the academy, I plan on it, but we still need to inform them of our intent to leave. I was just wondering if a phone call alone should be sufficient enough to quit our current employment. I may call member hiring in the AM.
      The trooper who called me from member hiring asked me what troop that I was in (I am in troop G) and then told me there was an orientation on Tues. and gave me the location. He also said that they were hoping to get the official letters out by close of business

Comment

• congrats to all who have received their invites. I do not think I will be getting a call this go round since I am in the 400s. Also to those who have not received an invite yet, I was told today by a higher up in Albany that not all the BI's had been reviewed yet so just b/c we were sent to the medical, does not mean we made it through all the way yet. Also, this individual said that I was on the "cusp"...so maybe I will get a call if someone declines or drops out. Who knows. I hope to have a good shot after this academy. Again, congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          We just settled a contract. The 4 year term will start April 1, 2007 (retroactive).

It has been ratified by the union, but the Legislature has yet to take action in it.
          Was there any raise as part of the contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by pilot56 View Post
            Was there any raise as part of the contract?
            We already talked about this here. Are you related to Beatcop10?
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
              Probably a dumb question.. can we finally quit our current employment? .
              Yes, it is a dumb question. Do not quit until you have that letter of appointment in hand.

Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
              Anyone have an idea of what we really do and do not need for the 30th, in terms of clothing and personal items?
              SDT will post a list...

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                Yes, it is a dumb question. Do not quit until you have that letter of appointment in hand.

SDT will post a list...
                Ummm... I kind of thought the call sounded pretty firm, I asked the trooper emphatically, is this a job offer? and he said yes. If they go back and tell me it was a mistake or something I am going to pass out.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Congrats to everyone receiving calls and letters. By my calculations, it should be about 1-2 years before I get the same! Good thing it is worth the wait : )

Comment

• I'm familiar with that list

Comment

• It is ominously quiet in here today.

Comment

• Never forget where you came from

Congratulations to all who will be attending this upcoming academy. Keep in mind that this is not like any job you have ever had. Its time to grow up boys and take life seriously. The academy won't be a walk in the park and for those of you who are not used to in your face discipline, prepare yourselves. The academy is the place to get the book learning done and learn the bare basics of law enforcement. The real schooling comes when you walk out of that place. I am sure I speak for all the troopers on this forum when I say wear the uniform with pride and don't use it as some sort of device to show the world you are better than anyone else. People will look up to you and expect certain things that they don't expect of your average Joe. Don't embarass us. I'll sum it up with what I was told by an old senior investigator the day I walked into the Herkimer barracks 22 years ago. He said "whatever you do kid, don't forget where you came from and those that got you here" It was good advice that I have followed since that day. Good Luck.

Comment

• Anyone received calls today? I know I havent!! Although I went to medical processing last weekend, my rank is 600. If I do not get in on this class, do I have priority on the next class?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                              Some times people may process for two or even three classes before getting in.
                              and let me tell you how fun that is... I processed for 3 classes.. which includes 2 psych tests and 2 poly's because they expire... along with a medical and a background update each time.

Comment

• Anybody who got "the call" yesterday, get the follow up information in the mail today...I won't be home to check until ab. 5:30

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6226 users online. 359 members and 5867 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X