• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the phone call!

Comment

• Congrats

Cool stuff man!

Comment

• Sorry to be hogging space on the board with my speculations but venting helps the stress of anticipation, my new guess is that the finalize calling the carryovers by today or tomorrow and people start getting letters Friday or Saturday. Leaves a few more days of indigestion. Who thinks someone in the 90s still has a chance?

Comment

• Thanks to all the guys on here for their support and help, especially you Troopers, I'm sure there is plenty of other things you could be doing with your time.

Comment

• got the phone call!!!!!!!! I was ranked number 93 if that helps anyone.

Comment

• Now that you guys are going to the Academy, I will mercilessly make fun of you if you drop out.

Good luck to all those attending! Tough it out. You still got the weekends to yourselves. Just keep that ingrained in the back of your heads.
              Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• I know that someone with a rank in the 200s got called. Anyone else in the 200s still waiting?

Comment

• post deleted
                  Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• I too want to thank everyone on this forum for all of the advice, rumors, scuttlebutt, etc... It made the whole process a lot easier to know there were others out there who wanted this as bad as I did. I look forward to meeting everyone on the 30th.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
                      I was wrong then. Phone calls are surprising. I got a phone call before the Academy that I deferred. She asked me IF I got invited would I accept or defer. I asked her if she was inviting me and she told me that they never invite over the phone she just needed to know my intention. At that point I told her I needed to defer. To which she told me I couldn't do that over the phone either and that I needed to send her a letter. I guess they have loosened up on the phone policy.

Well just like the really old guys on the job (think SDT) like to tell us how much harder the Academy was 40 years ago. We can now tell you how much harder the process used to be. Back in my day, you didn't get no phone call, you had to sit by the mailbox in 30 degree weather waiting on the mailman.

To all those who got "THE LETTER", excuse me, "THE CALL" CONGRATS! Good Luck.
                      I heard that for the next class they'll just send out a text message that says 'U WANNA BE A TRUPR?'

I liked receiving that 'Golden Ticket'...

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                        I heard that for the next class they'll just send out a text message that says 'U WANNA BE A TRUPR?'
                        I hope I get that text message
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• member hiring - 518-485-8375

Comment

• Can we clarify if those who were accepted will all be getting calls or receiving letters?

Comment

• I was off this test and received a call asking if I wanted to accept, which I did. The Trooper said the official letters will be going out today by 1700.

Comment

• I received a phone call, and he said that I would be getting some information in the mail soon. That'll likely be the famed "letter" plus all the items that we are to bring.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4321 users online. 192 members and 4129 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X