300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
    If you scored that high w/o using your Vet points, I certainly wouldn't feel any shame..That says a lot, hopefully you will get to use them someday
    I wouldn't feel any shame by using them either.

As a matter of public policy, we (our policy makers) have decided to encourage people to join the military. Veterens benefits are one such way, and I don't have a problem with it.

And just to be clear, I am not a veteren.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
      I didn't need my points to get into the academy so I got them back... Too bad I am a road guy at heart and have no ambitions of correcting accident and arrest reports.
      I apparently misunderstood this....I don't regret not using them though just in case. I feel that I'm in a good position regardless.

Comment

• on a side note....I feel like I should get extra points to my score for being a Buffalo Bills fan.....

Comment

• If anyone got called today and doesn't want to post it, could you hit me with a PM and let me know if you were in the leftovers or not....I am just wondering if they have called anyone off of the new list at this point.

Comment

• I too wonder if they have yet to reach anyone on the current list. I scored a 98.XX and it seems that either you would have had to score a 100, or have veterans points to put you over the top. My original score was 4XX, it would be interesting to find out how many that were ranked ahead of us have been dq'd so we have an idea of our "new" ranking based on everyones processing being done. That being said, do most of you all think that if we had our BI meeting/polygraph and went to the final medical that our backgrounds have already been completed and reviewed? If not this class than I hope to be able to get in to the next one.

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
              That being said, do most of you all think that if we had our BI meeting/polygraph and went to the final medical that our backgrounds have already been completed and reviewed?
              I emailed this question to my Investigator, and he said something along the lines of..if you made it to the medical, I would assume everything was good

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                I wouldn't feel any shame by using them either.

As a matter of public policy, we (our policy makers) have decided to encourage people to join the military. Veterens benefits are one such way, and I don't have a problem with it.
                I just meant that if he scored that high without even touching them, that in itself is impressive, and I would feel proud of that...Just in the same way that I am, considering I am not a Veteran...Knowing some 20,000 took that test, it really has made me truly appreciate this experience

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                  He wouldn't be one of three brothers on the job. A slight bit bigger than your avg guy
                  a slight bit? clearly we have different definitions of 'slight'

Comment

• Phone calls have already happened.

Comment

• I know this is off topic, but does anyone know if NY has a law that protects lawful hunters from being harassed by anti-hunters?

I was afield yesterday trying to find the 2008 addition to my living room decor, when I had an interesting encounter with a member of the anti-crowd In the end, I just packed up the truck and went home. I didn't want to be involved in some type of altercation, especially this close to the academy invites being sent out. However, a few years ago I read an article in F&S that some states were passing laws to keep these types of things from happening.

Any comments?
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                        Phone calls have already happened.
                        What is the rank and situation of the people who have received calls? Are they off the old test or new one?

Comment

• I'm guessing they would call the carry-overs first

Comment

• Yeah, as far as I know, only the carryovers have begun receiving phone calls

Comment

• Sounds to me like they have a very specific number in mind for the class and are only going to send out letters when they know exactly how many of those holdovers are locked in.

Comment

• I would guess that you are pretty dead on....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7286 users online. 399 members and 6887 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X