Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they really call you and let you know. I have yet to get a phone call about anything in the process except the BI interview. Although a phone call would be nice because I currently live so far away.

Comment

• I think they will communicate by phone and mail since the start date is so close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blitzfitz2150 View Post
        As I've stated a few times before I'm in the 600's and made it through the processing weekend, took the psychological interview, and thats the last I've heard. I never got a letter stating whether or not the psychological interview went well, I was never contacted by a BI, never invited to the medical, never sent a DQ letter. No nothing. It's been a month and a few days since my psychological interview. Anybody else in the same boat and ranked in the 600 or lower? I know some higher than me have met BI's and done the medical weekend. Go figure how they select who moves on this stage in the game.
        blitz, I am in the same exact boat. ranked in the 600's and at a stand still

Comment

• Latest rumor I just heard is that the people from the last test are going to receive their letters first, and the rest of the people will get theirs a little later. Perhaps they are planning a rolling enrollment based on how many of those 46 from the last test actually accept. Interestingly, the person who told me this mentioned 90 something from the new test on top of the other people which contradicts the number (around 50) that I have previously been hearing.

Comment

• Very quiet in here today....I have noticed during several of the televised UB football games that there are Troopers working the sidelines..Is this kind of thing common to those Troops located near SUNY Universities?

Comment

• hi ,
              what i think is unfortunate for those people who has most of the qualification for being the best trooper but missed couple of questions and end with the rank of 500 and above. if you are done with everything, means polygraph, background and final medical etc. and you do not have any stupid stuff in your past which might prevent you being a trooper than you just wait for another 7or8 business days and you will have the answer. those who have no accidents, domestic violence cases, alcohol, drug, mental and gambling problem and have military and law enforcement experience will have a good possibility of getting hired than a nerd or a mama's boy who still live with their parents and has no experience and discipline to be a trooper.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, the whole test thing is kind of stupid and unfair. I really don't think scoring a point or 2 better than someone makes me more qualified but I guess they have to rank people in an objective manner somehow. I will say though, i am ranked in the 90s and scored 102.XX, close to 103, so it looks to me like the top 2 or 3 hundred are all military guys. I have a feeling other than those guys off the last test no non military types are going to get in.

Comment

• I am sub 300..no prior military

Comment

• Originally posted by Avery2000 View Post
                      Latest rumor I just heard is that ............
                      Okay Avery, you've posted a couple of "rumors" now. I see you are from Albany. Out your source.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• post deleted
                        Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• So it looks like the start date is Dec 1st for the 197th session...

Or at least the ATOs don't have to show up until the 1st, which could mean Nov 30th for the recruits...

Not a lot of ATOs being assigned which would indicate a smaller class...

Methinks cadetlinux's "guess" was pretty accurate...

Comment

• Originally posted by Avery2000 View Post
                            Yeah, the whole test thing is kind of stupid and unfair. I really don't think scoring a point or 2 better than someone makes me more qualified but I guess they have to rank people in an objective manner somehow. I will say though, i am ranked in the 90s and scored 102.XX, close to 103, so it looks to me like the top 2 or 3 hundred are all military guys. I have a feeling other than those guys off the last test no non military types are going to get in.
                            hi,
                            i firmly believe that rank number should only be used to get your foot in the door means get you to start your hiring process but once you complete your process the hiring decision should be based on your character and qualification, LET THE BEST MAN WIN.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• i know the process long before this day. you stated that "once it has been decided who has past they are called upon by the rank." Here i am not talking about the facts, not everyone who score high has the same life experience and caliber as a men or women to be in a position where you can take up the responsibility to SERVE AND PROTECT. I apologize if i offended you in anyway.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11992 users online. 430 members and 11562 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X