Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rank was in the 600s, I finished every process and my BI "told" me he handed in my file late October, completed processing this weekend, and now I am waiting for a letter within 2 weeks. I heard approximately 200 invited this past weekend, including the 46 that were from last exam. I am looking positive and having the general feeling that the NYSP is assuming there will only be one class until 2009, so they will ttry to get as many people through as possible. So instead of a graduating class of 94, they might try to get a graduating class of approximately 180.

Comment

• i don't think they'd invite 200+ to the medical if they were only looking to have a class of about 90. i know they invite more then they end up taking but 100 extra people seems like a lot. also my parents just told me the other night that when they talked to the BI he mentioned they were looking at a class of around 140.

Comment

• well I have heard that the invites were being mailed out today and that the class size is 95. I guess that means a lot of us will just hopefully roll over in to the next class if there is one after this one next year with the way our current economy is.

Comment

• Any word on a start date yet?

Comment

• Like I said I really don't see a point to wait any more than a day or so start sending them out..they know who has passed...I def. think they are going to try and beat any rash decisions from the Gov.

Comment

• As I've stated a few times before I'm in the 600's and made it through the processing weekend, took the psychological interview, and thats the last I've heard. I never got a letter stating whether or not the psychological interview went well, I was never contacted by a BI, never invited to the medical, never sent a DQ letter. No nothing. It's been a month and a few days since my psychological interview. Anybody else in the same boat and ranked in the 600 or lower? I know some higher than me have met BI's and done the medical weekend. Go figure how they select who moves on this stage in the game.
              NYSP
              2008 Exam Score - 97.64
              Rank- 6xx

Comment

• Originally posted by Blitzfitz2150 View Post
                As I've stated a few times before I'm in the 600's and made it through the processing weekend, took the psychological interview, and thats the last I've heard. I never got a letter stating whether or not the psychological interview went well, I was never contacted by a BI, never invited to the medical, never sent a DQ letter. No nothing. It's been a month and a few days since my psychological interview. Anybody else in the same boat and ranked in the 600 or lower? I know some higher than me have met BI's and done the medical weekend. Go figure how they select who moves on this stage in the game.
                It's a civil service position... they proscess you by your ranking on the test. Have you contacted your recruiter or PR in Albany to check on your status? There are 2 Troopers with my name and I recieved both appointment envelopes as we were in the same class. Had the other Trooper not done some checking... I would have had a diffrent quadmate and I'm sure the academy wouldn't have been as fun.

On a side note... for those of you who don't know how to make a bed... you should learn. It's not the best site but it's a start.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Hospital Corners, right?
                  Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                    On a side note... for those of you who don't know how to make a bed... you should learn. It's not the best site but it's a start.
                    Thanks for the warning!

Comment

• Haha thanks for the link

Comment

• Here's what I think...class size around 95, start date Nov. 30th...letters or phone calls today or tomorrow. I also think if you're above 300 you're out of luck for this class.....sucks

Comment

• On a side note... for those of you who don't know how to make a bed... you should learn. It's not the best site but it's a start.

Ha Ha, and who puts the mint on the pillow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tlundberg04 View Post
                            i don't think they'd invite 200+ to the medical if they were only looking to have a class of about 90.the BI he mentioned they were looking at a class of around 140.
                            I guess you haven't been paying attention to how the SP operates. They have always processed a lot more than are eventually invited. Not sure how the BI would have that type of insight...

Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
                            Any word ?
                            I will have a word for you shortly... stay tuned!

Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                            I def. think they are going to try and beat any rash decisions from the Gov.
                            methinks you are right...

Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                            Here's what I think...class size around 95, start date Nov. 30th...letters or phone calls today or tomorrow. I also think if you're above 300 you're out of luck for this class.....sucks
                            Think or know???

Comment

• Phone calls are nice but I want it in writing so I can frame it lol.

In other news I'll be showering with my cell phone tomorrow.

Comment

• The only good thing is that I still expect another class in 6-8 months....it's looking a long way out but I don't see there being a freeze with the NYSP...maybe no new contract, but I highly doubt a freeze.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7682 users online. 407 members and 7275 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X