Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was also there today...short and sweet. One of the troopers there said that 204 people were there and eight no-shows. There were a couple people there who said they hadn't even taken the poly yet! Why would they be called to process if class is so close....hmmm, it's a quandry!! There seemed to be many people speculating as to a start date, but none that I spoke to seemed to have any reliable source...just the infamous "they". Anyway, good luck to all, hope to be there soooooon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beatcop10 View Post
      Hey guys new to the forum.. I heard troopers just got a new contract cant find anything on it... anyone willing to share your new top pay? Im in the city now going on 3 years but scored decently on the trooper test... thanks guys

Have you read a newspaper or seen the news over the last few days? The governor is trying to renig on 'our new contract' so we are still making the same money we have for the past few years.
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Medical

I heard mention today from one of the Troopers that the class is still up in the air due to what is currently going on with the state/economy, etc. The Trooper also stated that they are actually working diligently on trying to get something in before the state would/could refuse them any more classes. Its like crunch time for them.

Hopefully we will hear from Albany within a week or 'two' as it states on the letter they handed out.

I have a good feeling about this. Hopefully, we will all get good news soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beatcop10 View Post
          anyone willing to share your new top pay?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OplRJRebxvg

Comment

• hahahaha makes the job even more appealing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post

Have you read a newspaper or seen the news over the last few days? The governor is trying to renig on 'our new contract' so we are still making the same money we have for the past few years.

Yea I heard that just like they are canceled our academy... say he gives a billion dollars out of his slush fund.. and decided you could have your new contract.. what would it be?

Comment

• Hope this weekend went smooth for every one. Now the real wait begins!

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                  Hope this weekend went smooth for every one. Now the real wait begins!
                  It has been about 36 hours and my hands are already twitching.

Comment

• Yeah, there really isn't much any of us can do anymore but wait..and hope for a spot....Anyone think the letters will come sooner rather than later?

Comment

• I think if we don't get anything by next Saturday, the best we can hope for is the wait list. Did any body happen to hear what the highest rank at the med on Saturday was? I met a guy who was in the 300s, I am trying to get a sense of how many people overall washed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avery2000 View Post
                        I think if we don't get anything by next Saturday, the best we can hope for is the wait list. Did any body happen to hear what the highest rank at the med on Saturday was? I met a guy who was in the 300s, I am trying to get a sense of how many people overall washed out.
                        There were people I met in the 600's. As stated in a previous post, some haden't even taken a poly yet. I personally know someone in the 900's who completed background, but was not called to the medical.

Comment

• So here is the math that I have put together in my head from all the scuttlebutt I have heard. Like 1100 hundred people were invited to the processing weekend, a little over 500 hundred showed up, about 350 or so made it through the weekend and were contacted by BIs, about 200 hundred people were at the final medical and most of them made it through. The distribution of test ranks of those 200 seems to be about 1-600s. From what I have heard there will be about 55 spots for people off this list in the next class. So my guess is that if you passed everything and are ranked in about the top 200 you have a realistic shot at this class. Does that seem right to everyone?

Comment

• I have no prior knowledge here, but I just think that with the economy the way it is now, they have no reason to wait any longer..I feel like they'll start appearing late this week or by the weekend

Comment

• One thing to note is that the 211 that showed this weekend included the 46 from last list. That may change your math a little.

Comment

• your right did not think of that, so we have 165 people there with ranks 1-600 so approx 1/3 or that 165 gets in. Plus, are we just assuming that all 46 of those guys were good to go? There had to be some who are unwilling/unable to accept appointment at this time. Maybe we are looking at something like a little less than half of the people at the medical getting in? Thats it I am stressing myself out, I am going to stop over thinking this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9516 users online. 433 members and 9083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X