300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news

I received my letter yesterday as well guys...it was a relief as well as a wake up call at the same time...its just around the corner. I just wanted to thank everyone who has been here for us, I know that I appreciate and I am sure everyone else that was in my situation does as well!!!!!

Comment

• Congrats..

It does feel very good to get that letter. It will feel fantasic in about 6 1/2 months. It will feel so very very bad in the middle. Whatever you are doing for PT its not enough. Do your push-ups and sit-ups to failure add 50 and then do them as slowly and agonizingly painful as possible. Oh and I pray for your small class.
      When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranter64
        It does feel very good to get that letter. It will feel fantasic in about 6 1/2 months. It will feel so very very bad in the middle. Whatever you are doing for PT its not enough. Do your push-ups and sit-ups to failure add 50 and then do them as slowly and agonizingly painful as possible. Oh and I pray for your small class.

Small classes have pros and cons. Tough to hide in a class of 80 but at the same time they send fewer ATO's. Heard this morning that they still don't know class size... it's either 71 or 150.
        Last edited by Trooper4985; 12-18-2006, 08:19 AM.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Really, so they dont know yet the definite class size? I have heard that there are pros and cons to a small class, and I know that is beyond my control, I am just glad that I was given this opportunity (i know i know...i have to let you guys know if i feel that way @ the beginning of week 2...HAHA)

Comment

• Talked to the Recruiter today, He is also saying a class size of 80.

Will we have more time to go over the different sections in class or are they going to treat us just like anyother class, (Just knowing our names faster)?

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty
              Talked to the Recruiter today, He is also saying a class size of 80.

Will we have more time to go over the different sections in class or are they going to treat us just like anyother class, (Just knowing our names faster)?
              A large class doesn't mean it takes longer to train each recruit... obviously more sessions mean more man hours are spent training but the academy is still only 26 weeks. Large classes are usually split into 2 shifts for some things but that's it. If you are C line you don't have to be back till monday morning but you have training after evening briefing and stay later on friday.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• At the begining of the last class some ATO's were talking about allowing us back in for Monday morning if you were C line that week, but since they never made us do C line on fridays it didn't happen, everyone is B line on fridays.
                Last edited by WishIKnew; 12-19-2006, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• I know you can only say so much about the academy, but my question is, what's the average day like?

Marine Corps boot camp average day was, 0500 wake up S&S&S, out for PT then breakfast. Class until lunch or someone fell asleep, then PT. Then more classes until dinner, then clean the barracks S&S and hand out mail and write letters, then bedtime.

Comment

• If you've been through Marine Corps boot camp (and I have not) you won't find the SP Academy overwhelming. The academy is long, but much of it is academics.

Yes there is PT, but there are also "fun" courses like firearms and driving.

Best advice I can give you is to keep your nose clean, get into great physical shape, and get you head wrapped around the idea that this academy lasts half a year. It is good training, however, and a good career follows it.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.......

My post about food, boom boxes and girlie magazines was obviously tongue-in-cheek. Wasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew
                        At the begining of the last class some ATO's were talking about allowing us back in for Monday morning if you were C line that week, but since they never made us do C line on fridays it didn't happen, everyone is B line on fridays.
                        Recruits were C lines on other days, besides Fridays?

I was a recruit there in a previous life, and an ATO in a previous century, but I never saw a recruit work a C tour. Is this new?

SDT

Comment

• C lines..

Some weeks there were 3 sessions on a C line. Some sessions were on C lines most of the academy.

The Academy is not fun by any means but the worst thing is leaving those 26 sundays.
                          When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• I think the C line was done just because of our absurdly large class size. It doesn't sound like that will be an issue for the next class. My session wasn't on a C line that often, some of the other ones seemed to be though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty
                              I know you can only say so much about the academy, but my question is, what's the average day like?

Marine Corps boot camp average day was, 0500 wake up S&S&S, out for PT then breakfast. Class until lunch or someone fell asleep, then PT. Then more classes until dinner, then clean the barracks S&S and hand out mail and write letters, then bedtime.
                              There were Marines in my class that had trouble with the fact that the academy was so academic but thought the PT was not all that bad. There were the non military types that couldn't handle the stress of an ATO yelling at you 3 inches from your face. I was one of the first two or three done with every test, I didn't spend my weekends studying, and I ended up with a 90 academic average. I was in the Air Force so I had the mind game part of the acdemy beat... but I detest running (played soccer and lacross as a kid too) and that hurt me.

Just like in the military... don't stick out (good or bad) unless you want attention. Don't ask stupid questions at Friday briefing... the whole class will dislike you. I suggest doing exactly the speedlimit the whole time in the academy... Doesn't matter that everyone else is doing 80+ on the Tway... you do not want to find out what happens when a recruit gets stopped for speeding.

Originally posted by Ranter64
                              Some weeks there were 3 sessions on a C line. Some sessions were on C lines most of the academy.

The Academy is not fun by any means but the worst thing is leaving those 26 sundays.

Nah... the first one isn't bad because you are excited to be going... it's the next 24 that suck... the last sunday is the best trip as you know that in a couple of days you are going to shake the Governor's hand and be called Trooper.
                              Last edited by Trooper4985; 12-20-2006, 12:17 AM.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• If people have trouble with the academic's, is there study groups??

Also is there time to study at the end of the day?
                                Last edited by sgtmccarty; 12-20-2006, 06:28 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4744 users online. 271 members and 4473 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X