Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just left the medical, no new news....

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
      just left the medical, no new news....
      But you still have plenty of time to climb into a tree and assasinate Bambi
      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Ok, so there were a crap load of people there. Many of them with sub 50 rankings on the test. I am anything but encouraged, I think they were trying to process as many people as possible before their budget gets slashed. I saw a guy with a 192 note card so there were at least that many people there, and that is minus the females who had different numbers.

Comment

• I saw someone with a door # of 200.....They did give us a piece of paper that said we would know our status for this up coming class within 2 weeks

Comment

• I'm not feeling all that encouraged either with a rank of 300.... Blah!

Comment

• May be a stupid question but... Can someone tell me why the NYSP does not wear badges?

Comment

• One word...Tradition. Since the inception never had them. Im happy we don't because its one less thing on the uniform we have to worry about(such a pain when you have to change to a new shirt). Were high on tradition which is why we can't have outside carriers for vest. You may also notice we are the only police agency(so I hear) in the country with no american flag on our uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
                  You may also notice we are the only police agency(so I hear) in the country with no american flag on our uniform.
                  Not quite. There are many without it. Such as NYPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by pilot56 View Post
                    May be a stupid question but... Can someone tell me why the NYSP does not wear badges?
                    From what I've read, the only story to explain why we don't wear our shields has to do with them getting caught on tree branches while riding horse back.

Comment

• Originally posted by pilot56 View Post
                      May be a stupid question but... Can someone tell me why the NYSP does not wear badges?
                      From my understanding, its to prevent anything from giving away their location while approaching a car on a traffic stop. The badge (or any other metal pins ect.) could potentially reflect and give away the location of the officer.

Comment

• post deleted
                        Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avix View Post
                          From my understanding, its to prevent anything from giving away their location while approaching a car on a traffic stop. The badge (or any other metal pins ect.) could potentially reflect and give away the location of the officer.
                          That doesnt sound true in the slightest...

especially since the trooper's own vehicle's lights will be illuminating everything

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                            But you still have plenty of time to climb into a tree and assasinate Bambi
                            I tried this afternoon...no luck though.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I was at the medical today too. Seemed to be a decent amount of people there. I don't think too many people failed today. I guess now it is a waiting game to see if we get in to the next class. I heard some different people say today that they possibly expect a bigger class than expected, hence the reason so many were invited. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Question

Hey guys new to the forum.. I heard troopers just got a new contract cant find anything on it... anyone willing to share your new top pay? Im in the city now going on 3 years but scored decently on the trooper test... thanks guys

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9724 users online. 365 members and 9359 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X