Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering, are we supposed to wear a suit or PT gear to the medical?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• In the letter it says PT gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
        I know that they process a lot to fill the current openings, but if there are already 46 from the previous test, then that would mean if they were to have a class of near 100 that they would only need 55 more or so. What I was trying to say is that they have no need to process that far in to the 800's if there are only really 50-60 spots to really fill since the first 46 are going to be from the previous test. This is what makes me think that they are trying to process and potentially approve a tentative number for a future class this fiscal year that could possibly be approved by the state legislature before the end of the 2008 fiscal year. Maybe we will all get an early Christmas present and they will take us all in to the academy after our medical this weekend. One can hope right? Good luck to all. I hope we all get our shot.
        Thats more or less what I'm thinking/hoping

Comment

• I heard they are only processing about 1 hundred for the medical this weekend. Are there really people going who are in the 800s? Do that many people wash out? I have a sub-one-hundred ranking and I am still worried about getting one of those 50-60 slots I think are going to be available. By the way, are all 46 of those people from the last test actually going to accept appointment? You would figure some of them have gotten fat, or gotten other jobs, etc... Hopefully this will open up a few more slots.

Comment

• They always invite more up for the medical then are needed so that they can cover themselves if by some miracle the state allows more recruits then we are expecting. IIRC, they invited 160 something up last time, and 150 something actually showed up, while they only took 103 into the Academy.

Comment

• How much of NYSP is a source of the State of NY's earnings?
              This topic is open for debate, because I am just speculating, but rationally, the more troopers + the more tickets = more earnings for NY state?

Also, although unlikely, is it possible that two classes of approx. 200 recruits could be appointed to the academy at the same time?

Comment

• i think everybody's getting a little too tense. if you got your medical invite then you probably passed your background so unless something weird happens you should make an academy class at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tlundberg04 View Post
                  i think everybody's getting a little too tense.
                  You sound like my wife!!!
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• After this weekend we'll have a lot better idea how many were invited. I'm sure there will always be people that do not show.

Comment

• post deleted
                      Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                        After this weekend we'll have a lot better idea how many were invited. I'm sure there will always be people that do not show.
                        I spoke with albany today about some medical records, and she thought that there was alot of people showing up????

Comment

• Originally posted by Avery2000 View Post
                          I heard they are only processing about 1 hundred for the medical this weekend. Are there really people going who are in the 800s? Do that many people wash out? I have a sub-one-hundred ranking and I am still worried about getting one of those 50-60 slots I think are going to be available. By the way, are all 46 of those people from the last test actually going to accept appointment? You would figure some of them have gotten fat, or gotten other jobs, etc... Hopefully this will open up a few more slots.

I am in the low 800's and I will be in albany with bell's on

It would be a bummer not making the upcoming class, But I will still be happy that I am in line for the next class, If so I will just hop on with the city police and wait for my turn, and try not to get fat while waiting

Comment

• Again, people on this site with numbers in the 600 and sometimes even 800's have said they were being invited...Maybe they are hoping to squeeze in a class that is larger than first thought

Comment

• Originally posted by mwonger80 View Post
                              How much of NYSP is a source of the State of NY's earnings?
                              This topic is open for debate, because I am just speculating, but rationally, the more troopers + the more tickets = more earnings for NY state?

Also, although unlikely, is it possible that two classes of approx. 200 recruits could be appointed to the academy at the same time?
                              1.) Rough guess of very little... not all fine money goes to Albany.

2.) That's the idea... perpetuate the idea that we are just here to generate revenue!

3.) 200 recruits is tight... 400 is beyond the capacity of the dorms I think.
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• When I received a call about medical records I was told that 300 were invited to this weekend.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4381 users online. 172 members and 4209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X