300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYSP1938 View Post
    NYPD academy canceled, now they're saying that after the next class don't expect another NYSP academy until 2010. Anyone buy that? I've always heard that it's more expensive to keep the senior cops on than it is to hire new recruits.

That would not be good, I do not think my chances are very high for making this class, considering I am in the low 800's. Hopefully its not true.
    Last edited by cbmzx101; 11-12-2008, 05:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• For some reason I feel uneasy about making this class too and I'm right around 300. I think it's the left over 46 that are making me question it.

Comment

• It's not looking good

Read into this what you will.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Regardless of the 46, they've still processed into the 600 and even 800's in some cases..I don't feel like they would be wasting their time

Comment

• I too,feel uneasy about making this upcoming class, and I am ranked in the 400's. It seems with the way the economy is that Albany may just put off hiring anymore troopers and implement a hiring freeze after this next academy class. I do not understand from what I have heard that they have invited so many (around 300) to the medical when they know that there is no way possbile all of us are going to get an invite because of what the current class size is going to be. I think that maybe they are trying to "approve" as many as they can during this fiscal year so that we are on books for 2008 fiscal year and we could be carried over in to 2009 incase a later academy takes place. But what do I know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              Read into this what you will.
              That was also covered on CNN tonight, it makes me question if they will still start the current academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
                I too,feel uneasy about making this upcoming class, and I am ranked in the 400's. It seems with the way the economy is that Albany may just put off hiring anymore troopers and implement a hiring freeze after this next academy class. I do not understand from what I have heard that they have invited so many (around 300) to the medical when they know that there is no way possbile all of us are going to get an invite because of what the current class size is going to be. I think that maybe they are trying to "approve" as many as they can during this fiscal year so that we are on books for 2008 fiscal year and we could be carried over in to 2009 incase a later academy takes place. But what do I know?
                They are making sure that they will fill the openings.

Comment

• I know that they process a lot to fill the current openings, but if there are already 46 from the previous test, then that would mean if they were to have a class of near 100 that they would only need 55 more or so. What I was trying to say is that they have no need to process that far in to the 800's if there are only really 50-60 spots to really fill since the first 46 are going to be from the previous test. This is what makes me think that they are trying to process and potentially approve a tentative number for a future class this fiscal year that could possibly be approved by the state legislature before the end of the 2008 fiscal year. Maybe we will all get an early Christmas present and they will take us all in to the academy after our medical this weekend. One can hope right? Good luck to all. I hope we all get our shot.

Comment

I know that they process a lot to fill the current openings, but if there are already 46 from the previous test, then that would mean if they were to have a class of near 100 that they would only need 55 more or so. What I was trying to say is that they have no need to process that far in to the 800's if there are only really 50-60 spots to really fill since the first 46 are going to be from the previous test. This is what makes me think that they are trying to process and potentially approve a tentative number for a future class this fiscal year that could possibly be approved by the state legislature before the end of the 2008 fiscal year. Maybe we will all get an early Christmas present and they will take us all in to the academy after our medical this weekend. One can hope right? Good luck to all. I hope we all get our shot.
                    True, maybe the class will be like 150+ thats why the 800 crew is being told to show up this weekend?

Comment

• One can only hope that it is a huge class, but it's not likely. PS. cbmzx101, I REALLY hate your icon. Go BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (even though you all made us look like a pee-wee team)

Comment

I think that maybe they are trying to "approve" as many as they can during this fiscal year so that we are on books for 2008 fiscal year and we could be carried over in to 2009 incase a later academy takes place. But what do I know?
                        Keep in mind that the state's fiscal year starts April 1st, not very far off.

I'm still expecting a small class in December.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

One can only hope that it is a huge class, but it's not likely. PS. cbmzx101, I REALLY hate your icon. Go BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (even though you all made us look like a pee-wee team)

Comment

• I have also heard that the academy may be starting November 30th. I guess the good news to that is if that is the case, one would have to assume that the board would have hopefully have reviewed our BI's by now before they sent out our medical invites. But again, what do I know. It is pure speculation. My best advice to everyone, regardless of your rank, is to be prepared and to do your best on the medical which is one of the few things you can control. Best of luck to everyone on Saturday. I'll be there at 7:30 am.

Comment

• I'm one of the 46 AND ranked in the low 300's on the last test, and I'm uneasy about the next class. With the economy the way it is I'm going to be uneasy until I receive that big envelope in the mail.

Comment

• "ALBANY — With the state’s finances souring, Gov. David A. Paterson in July took an important step to control the spiraling costs of government: a hiring freeze for state agencies.

But since the July 30 freeze was declared, 31,684 people have been hired by agencies, according to a Buffalo News analysis of payroll records provided by the state comptroller’s office.

The records do not include hiring at hundreds of state authorities whose payrolls are not maintained by the comptroller."

So hopefully the hiring of a couple hundred Troopers won't make too much of a dent in the state budget. And so far I haven't read anything of the Govenor's plans for the NYSP.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/476274.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12643 users online. 464 members and 12179 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X