300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYSPJOB View Post
    Uniforms are not provided. Those uniforms you tryed on at the medical processing ( black BDU pants, gray Golf Shirt, PT Shorts, PT Shirts, Water Bottle, and Visi belt) are purchased by you, the lucky new recruit.
    Oh yeah... forgot no more suits for several weeks before you got to wear well used DOCS uniforms. BDU's and golf shirts must be nice... it sucked trying to cool down after PT in a suit.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Sounds good, I don't want to get my hopes up, but the info is very helpful for all. Thanks again!

Comment

• This last class still had to wear suits for several weeks as far as I know...I don't think that's gone away.

Comment

• $70/week for steak! Not too bad. Why do you have to pay with a money order?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
            $70/week for steak! Not too bad. Why do you have to pay with a money order?
            Because that's what your instructions are
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I got a call today requesting medical records from an operation I had in 1994. Hopefully that's not a bad sign...

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                I got a call today requesting medical records from an operation I had in 1994. Hopefully that's not a bad sign...
                I don't think that's a bad sign, they just want to make sure they clear up any loose ends. I had my gallbladder taken out a few years back. My investigator requested I get a written letter from my doctor stating there were no complications due to the surgery.

Comment

It is a package price. We got 2 pairs of pants, 2 short sleeve shirts, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 water bottle, and 1 visa-belt.
                  Can you buy more if you wish?
                  Is it like a college book store, where you can buy all sorts of NYSP apparel...maybe a big foam hand that says "NYSP is #1"?

Comment

• There is a little NYSP store at the academy but guarantee you don't get to see it until the end ha ha....

I have a screw in my elbow from when I broke it playing football at 11 years old. I have been 100 percent ever since though so I guess I should be okay.

Comment

• Thanks to all you Vet's out there

Comment

• NYPD academy canceled, now they're saying that after the next class don't expect another NYSP academy until 2010. Anyone buy that? I've always heard that it's more expensive to keep the senior cops on than it is to hire new recruits.
                        Last edited by NYSP1938; 11-11-2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• my BI told my parents it costs like $125K to train each of us.

Comment

It is a package price. We got 2 pairs of pants, 2 short sleeve shirts, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 water bottle, and 1 visa-belt.
                            I always found it ironic that my Army issued visa-belts were assembled by the blind. The tag always said that.....ha ha.

Comment

• For this class' sake let's hope they sub those shortsleeved shirts for long

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1938 View Post
                                now they're saying that after the next class don't expect another NYSP academy until 2010.
                                Where was this stated?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6657 users online. 154 members and 6503 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X