300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-9 or 4 1/2 ?

Were they both on 2 legs or was one on all fours ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
      Were they both on 2 legs or was one on all fours ?
      Both on two legs.

Comment

• That must be our secret ninja squad "that does not exist"
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• That sounds like a fun task force to be on!

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• I would imagine it was the commercial vehicle guys as stated above. I don't think I could do that detail...

Anyone heard of anyone receiving a DQ letter yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                I would imagine it was the commercial vehicle guys as stated above. I don't think I could do that detail...
                If you like the idea of lots of court OT... CVEU is the gig to have. Most truckers are going to plea not guilty to $15k worth of fines in hopes to get a reduction.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• You will have to pay for the fine chow hall cuisine every week with a money order.

Uniforms are provided, and PT gear comes out of your pocket before the start of the academy.

All required books are provided but you're going to need something to write with and write on.

I will assume that your coffee comment was in jest
                  .[/QUOTE]

The fine chow part is correct, around seventy dollars a week.

Uniforms are not provided. Those uniforms you tryed on at the medical processing ( black BDU pants, gray Golf Shirt, PT Shorts, PT Shirts, Water Bottle, and Visi belt) are purchased by you, the lucky new recruit. These items will set you back around one hundred and fifty dollars. You pick these items up the day you report to the academy for the first night.

The only other expense is the sweat you lose everyday (this is the big one).

Comment

• OK, so I am starting to get a little worried. I am 6'1" around 200 pounds, this is 11 pounds over what they want for "large" framed person at my height. I am not overly muscular, but I am pretty athletic, been in the Army and usually max my PT tests. I ran a 9:40 at the processing weekend for the 1 and a half mile. I definitely do not look over weight, I am not shredded and have small love handles. Every online calculator I have tried says I am about 20-22% body fat which I find hard to believe. Will they bounce someone like me who is definitely not fat looking for 1 or 2% over on body fat???

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• The fine chow part is correct, around seventy dollars a week.

Uniforms are not provided. Those uniforms you tryed on at the medical processing ( black BDU pants, gray Golf Shirt, PT Shorts, PT Shirts, Water Bottle, and Visi belt) are purchased by you, the lucky new recruit. These items will set you back around one hundred and fifty dollars. You pick these items up the day you report to the academy for the first night.

The only other expense is the sweat you lose everyday (this is the big one).
                        Thanks for the specifics, that is really helpful. Is $150 for one set of pants, one shirt, one pair of shorts, and one shirt.... or is that like the package price?

Comment

• Does that $70/week cover 3 meals?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                            Does that $70/week cover 3 meals?
                            3 meals a day monday thru thursday, 2 meals on friday

Comment

• Originally posted by mwonger80 View Post
                              Thanks for the specifics, that is really helpful. Is $150 for one set of pants, one shirt, one pair of shorts, and one shirt.... or is that like the package price?
                              It is a package price. We got 2 pairs of pants, 2 short sleeve shirts, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 water bottle, and 1 visa-belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                                3 meals a day monday thru thursday, 2 meals on friday
                                Makes sense...Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6343 users online. 272 members and 6071 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X