300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
    Just because I bought it doesn't mean that I didn't sell it to somone else before 'they' came to take it from me.

I'm not worried that 'they' are going to come clean out my gun safe... just make new purchases illegal or so expensive that most can't afford to do it.

It is very irritating that we even have to worry about something like that happening. The concept alone of taking the 2nd amendment away will not change the fact that bad people will still get there hands on guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
      That sex with animals question messed you up huh????
      Yeah, that one was tough

Honestly, I feel good about my polygraph...except that I am worried about the fact that I was extremely nervous during the test. I just hope that didn't screw me up.
      Last edited by reils49; 11-07-2008, 04:12 PM.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I just learned that one of the new guys at my station, (not the class that just graduated, but the one before that), read my post about what to bring to the academy.

He was alll set to bring some of that stuff, but was talked out of it by a guy on the job. We both had a good laugh about it.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't worry to much about them taking the 2nd amendment away; it thankfully takes a very long time to ratify any amendment . Besides, millions of people voted Republican and the Democrats would be foolish if they thought the recent election was a referendum on gun ownership. And the last thing is the supreme court is likely to remain conservative for quite some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
              I'm patiently waiting for the next transfer date in January.
              You and me both brother...although, their FTO doesn't finish until February 5th. I'm counting on late February for our transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                You and me both brother...although, their FTO doesn't finish until February 5th. I'm counting on late February for our transfers.
                Yeah, but the File14 may come out by mid/late January so at least you will know by then...

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• I do not want to throw this forum off-topic, but I searched for expenses those who get accepted to the academy are responsible for and I really didnt get anything good.

If accepted, of course, what expenses are you responsible for?
                    Food?
                    Uniforms?
                    Training Gear/Clothes?
                    Supplies i.e. notebooks, books?
                    Bringing coffee for Instructors?

Also, regarding residence during the academy, will they come to confirm your residence, even throughout the academy?
                    I will need to be moving in with my mother for my NY residence, until I get my own place.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1938 View Post
                      I wouldn't worry to much about them taking the 2nd amendment away; it thankfully takes a very long time to ratify any amendment . Besides, millions of people voted Republican and the Democrats would be foolish if they thought the recent election was a referendum on gun ownership. And the last thing is the supreme court is likely to remain conservative for quite some time.
                      Taken from http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ets_obama.html

"Obama, "Urban Policy": Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets."

Sounds to me like he wants to start removing our rights a little at a time.

There are also 1-3 Supreme Court Justices that will be replaced during his time in office, depending on how blind the american sheep are in another 4 years. That alone makes him a very powerful man for much more than 4 or 8 years.

Originally posted by mwonger80 View Post
                      I do not want to throw this forum off-topic, but I searched for expenses those who get accepted to the academy are responsible for and I really didnt get anything good.

If accepted, of course, what expenses are you responsible for?
                      Food?
                      Uniforms?
                      Training Gear/Clothes?
                      Supplies i.e. notebooks, books?
                      Bringing coffee for Instructors?

Also, regarding residence during the academy, will they come to confirm your residence, even throughout the academy?
                      I will need to be moving in with my mother for my NY residence, until I get my own place.
                      You will have to pay for the fine chow hall cuisine every week with a money order.

Uniforms are provided, and PT gear comes out of your pocket before the start of the academy.

All required books are provided but you're going to need something to write with and write on.

I will assume that your coffee comment was in jest.
                      Last edited by Trooper4985; 11-08-2008, 12:40 PM.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• yes ofcourse, coffee comment = meant for humor,
                        thanks for all other information!

Comment

• Originally posted by mwonger80 View Post
                          yes ofcourse, coffee comment = meant for humor,
                          thanks for all other information!
                          As a former Academy instructor, and a huge fan of coffee, let me take the other side of that.

Oh wait, Academy coffee. Never mind.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the State Police frequency is for Troop A in Erie County? Do State Troopers often wear a tactical uniform while on patrol? I ask this because the other day there were two troopers out on a traffic stop and they were both wearing those balck tactical uniforms. Any replies would be appreciated.
                            Last edited by pilot56; 11-09-2008, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pilot56 View Post
                              Does anyone know what the State Police frequency is for Troop A in Erie County? Do State Troopers often wear a tactical uniform while on patrol? I ask this because the other day there were two troopers out on a traffic stop and they were both wearing those balck tactical uniforms. Any replies would be appreciated.
                              Did they have a big truck stopped and driving Tahoe's? They were probably CVEU guys.

And about scanner frequencies... Google is your friend
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                Did they have a big truck stopped and driving Tahoe's? They were probably CVEU guys.

And about scanner frequencies... Google is your friend
                                They were driving Tahoes, but they did not have any big truck with them.
                                Could they have been K-9?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3901 users online. 191 members and 3710 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X