Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sgtmccarty
    Anybody know the actual number they went up to for the screening for the last class that graduated? In one of the last post it looked like 4800.

    My number is 4913

    Also is there any confirmation on this coming class size?
    SgtMccarty. when I called to confirm going to the Final Medical I asked HR my rank and was told it was 4354, and I guess there were guys that were in the 8 and 9 thousands @ the medical...so that should be good for us

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cappy1976
      SgtMccarty. when I called to confirm going to the Final Medical I asked HR my rank and was told it was 4354, and I guess there were guys that were in the 8 and 9 thousands @ the medical...so that should be good for us
      Was 4354 your original # or did it get pushed back.
      I tried to call my recruiter but he's on vacation to find out if my number is still the same.
      Still waiting by the mail box!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sgtmccarty
        Was 4354 your original # or did it get pushed back.
        I tried to call my recruiter but he's on vacation to find out if my number is still the same.
        Still waiting by the mail box!!
        pushed back...original rank was 3800...ya gotta love the suspense...ha

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sgtmccarty
          I did get a confirmation on the class size,
          80 students.

          This is from a friend in the local police that is working on a task force with the state troopers, he was in a meeting with the Captain and he confirmed the class was going to be 240 but now is 80.
          Yeah
          Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wannabeenytrp
            Yeah

            My reaction too but I am trying to lose my cynical attitde. About the only thing my Zone Commander cares about is that we do what we can to keep the Major happy so he doesn't come down on the Captain.
            sigpic

            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

            Trooper4985's official theme song

            Comment


            • Mail man came through

              IT CAME IT CAME!!!!
              see everyone in Jan.
              Thank You

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sgtmccarty
                IT CAME IT CAME!!!!
                see everyone in Jan.
                Thank You
                Now remember that feeling when it is time to leave for the academy sunday night for the beginning of week 2.
                sigpic

                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                Trooper4985's official theme song

                Comment


                • Congrats, its a great feeling...

                  Receiving the letter that is, not heading back every Sunday night. Getting off that exit absolutely dreading what to expect...
                  Last edited by wannabeenytrp; 12-16-2006, 09:00 AM.
                  Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

                  Comment


                  • knot's in the stomach, mild headache, dry mouth.

                    I still hate exit 24 off the NYS Thruway.

                    Congratulations, by the way.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

                    Comment


                    • THANK YOU ALL
                      I know it's shrouded all in mistery, but it should be alittle longer than the Marine Corps boot camp but 3 months longer (with weekends off though).

                      Comment


                      • Congrats!

                        For all those that haven't gotten one yet, don't sweat it. They send these out over like a week period.

                        Just follow SlowDown's advice and you should be all set. It worked for me.

                        Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                        Yes, you want a cell phone there, to stay in touch with family. Just put it on vibrate during classes. Also, bring a couple of books for light reading. There is a lot of down time, especially the first couple of weeks. Girly magazines are OK, as long as you are discreet about them. (no centerfolds on the wall).

                        Most guys like to keep some snack food in their room. I'd suggest something wholesome, maybe whole wheat crakers and fruit. Bring enough to share with your quadmates.

                        Someone really ought to bring a boombox type radio, but you don't want 4 of them. Maybe save that for week 2, so that you can work it out with the quadmates.
                        Once the class starts make sure you guys don't post here or anywhere else on the internet about the academy (myspace, forums, etc. )
                        Last edited by WishIKnew; 12-16-2006, 03:24 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WishIKnew
                          For all those that haven't gotten one yet, don't sweat it. They send these out over like a week period.

                          Just follow SlowDown's advice and you should be all set. It worked for me.



                          Once the class starts make sure you guys don't post here or anywhere else on the internet about the academy (myspace, forums)
                          You remember that post? Wow, that was so long ago.
                          Still sound advice though, lol.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

                          Comment


                          • And make sure your family sends you care packages, it makes missing home a lot easier to deal with.

                            Comment


                            • congrats

                              How long did it take from the time you took the test to your appointment? Im trying to get handle on how long the whole process takes.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jarhead1302
                                How long did it take from the time you took the test to your appointment? Im trying to get handle on how long the whole process takes.
                                It took my class 11 months from test time until we were swron in, but it will take others 3+ yrs as we will all be from the same test...
                                Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6696 users online. 462 members and 6234 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X