300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
    There is no sit and reach requirement in the PAT for NYSP.

There is a video at; www.nytrooper.com that shows the 3 areas and the method they use for: 1. situps, 2. pushups, 3. 1 1/2 mile run.
    No i'm talking in the post-processing packet. The packet you get if you pass the Saturday of processing weekend. I have it right here in front of me and says Minimum Physical Fitness Standards for entrance to the academy.

MALES AGE: 20-29 30-39 40-49
    Sit-ups 40 36 31 (1 minute)
    Sit & Reach 17.5 16.5 15.5 (inches)
    Push-ups 33 27 21
    1.5 mile run 12:18 12:51 13:53 (minutes)

Comment

• Originally posted by 04RevX View Post
      Not to deter some of the other candidates, but i've noticed some people ranked in the 600's that haven't been called yet for BI and were wondering if maybe their rank hasn't been reached yet.

I'm currently ranked 873 had my polygraph completed on 10/6/2008, BI completed 10/14/2008 and received my medical invite on 10/28/2008.

This might not be good news for some people that haven't heard anything but I was hoping some news would be better than no news.
      This is all very wierd. I am one of the ones in the 600's that hasn't heard anything further since my psych interview. But like cadetlinux said his buddy got a medical invite and hasn't done anything else.

Comment

• Just because I am curious, what time does everyone's invite give. Mine says 730, do you guys think that reflects some sort of rank order? Anyone have anything lower? From what I have heard they are only looking to take like 50 people from the latest test, the rest will be filled by those people from the last test. Also, any ideas what the washout rate for guys in the top 100 of the list is? I figure I need at least 50% washout to have a chance of getting in the first class.

Comment

• well if guys in the 800's are getting invites then i'm assuming there was a lot of washout.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
            Generally some alert Troopers will hear you making a stop and automatically start that way, just in case.
            What? Do you know how many stops some Troopers make? If you were to start towards every stop you wouldn't get anything done yourself...

Every Trooper is aware of a stop called out and they won't start heading towards the other Trooper unless they miss a status check and/or didn't answer their phone... Depending on the zones being covered you are typically 10-20+ miles away (unless in Troop B then double those miles). Now if someone calls out a stop within a few miles of you of course you are going their way, but typically you are on opposite sides of a post and it wouldn't be practical to start heading towards them on every traffic stop.

Originally posted by FUTURETPR View Post
            I know my friend works up in the Adirondacks and has waited 35 minutes for his nearest backup. .
            I waited over 45 minutes once when I was up there... Everyone else was tied up... This is why physical fitness is more important to us than other agencies. We don't always have luxury of having backup a few minutes away.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
              So something I've never seen happen before happened today. I have a friend ranked in the 600s who received an invite to the medical.....He hasn't started his background or done a polygraph. Anyone else seen this before? Makes me feel a little less confident about where I'm at.
              I still feel better knowing I have my background finished and I that I took the polygraph

Comment

• If you don't mind saying....For those who are going to the medical for a second time, what went wrong the first go?

Comment

• The med invite says nothing of a sit and reach test. It says you must complete a modified test, which is push-ups and sit-ups. I wouldn't worry about the sit and reach.

Comment

• for those who have already been to the med. do you need to bring docs on out patient surgery. Like tonsils and adnoids being removed 23 years ago and other out patient procedures. They have been so long ago I dont think I could find the paperwork.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPHOPEFUL View Post
                        I am one of the 46 as well. I didn't receive an invite yet. My BI led me to believe we didn't have to do this again. Oh well I guess 1 more trip to Albany won't hurt. Hopefully there won't be disapoontment after this time around. Care to share the date of the Medical? This could possibly help target the date of the next Academy.
                        I was told the same thing! I am also one of the 46 leftovers, and I just received my medical invite yesterday (this will be the third time).... I guess the academy will be starting early December, I can't wait - I really hope this it it!

Comment

• what went wrong with the previous medicals? just not enough room in the class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tlundberg04 View Post
                            what went wrong with the previous medicals? just not enough room in the class?
                            Nothing went wrong with the previous medicals, the problem has always come down to state funding, but thats life! - If they had the funding for a class size of 150 (for the previous class) there would not be the 46 heads leftover, and thats the category I fall into... from the rumors out there, this should be it! Everyone from the 04' Exam, it's been a long time but come December it should all be worth it, not a job but a great career.

Comment

• Yep as just stated the 46 of us that didn't make the last class was due to the budget crunch, hence why we are still eligible for the upcoming class and not DQ'd.

Comment

• Got my medical invite today!
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9278 users online. 319 members and 8959 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X