300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSPGreg,

Sorry to hear about the news. I commend you for having such a positive attitude and wish you the best. Now from here on forward be mindful of your driving and of everything you do. Prior to applying to LE I had no idea that all these different areas (driving, work, civil, credit and all other misc histories) played a factor in ones being considered for employment. The LE process is very thorough and competitive. All the best to you.

Comment

I am currently in the process for NYSP and I have been reading this forum for about a month now. I was just wondering if anyone new what ranks are in the class that started in sept. My rank is in the 900's and I just wanted to get an idea if the april class is possible. Any input is greatly appreciated.
      TrooperNY

Comment

Ferraranj, Where you on deferral or did you come in late by taking a military supplemental?

Well, if I

Comment

Yes, I was a military supplemental guy.

I have passed the psych, background, and polygraph. My BI just sent my report to Albany last week. He told me that he was not sure on a time frame for me to hear anything back. Would any of you guys have an idea on when we would hear back?
          TrooperNY

Comment

Ferraranj,

The next step in the process is the medical invite and from looking at past processing timelines I would say that either invites for medicals or rejection letters should be out by late January. Spoke with a recruiter and as of now the next academy may be set for the 1st week of April.

Originally posted by Ferraranj
            Yes, I was a military supplemental guy.

I have passed the psych, background, and polygraph. My BI just sent my report to Albany last week. He told me that he was not sure on a time frame for me to hear anything back. Would any of you guys have an idea on when we would hear back?

Comment

Originally posted by Troophopeful
              Ferraranj,

The next step in the process is the medical invite and from looking at past processing timelines I would say that either invites for medicals or rejection letters should be out by late January. Spoke with a recruiter and as of now the next academy may be set for the 1st week of April.

Man, you stay right up on this. I work there and I cana't stay on top of it like you. I have to visit this site to learn what's going on at work, lol.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Does anyone have any info on how big the spring class will actually be?

Comment

I try man, i try. The Only way to keep the sanity while we wait for any type of news

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                  Man, you stay right up on this. I work there and I cana't stay on top of it like you. I have to visit this site to learn what's going on at work, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Troophopeful
                    Ferraranj,

I called H.R. and they said the same thing. They said the letters for the Medicals will go out around mid-month January. As far as DQ Letters go, if the updated B.I. found anything, you would have received the letter already. I know the last class stopped taking people in at 1700 on the list, and they invited up to 3500 on the list for processing weekend back in early 2005. I was told they processed up 900 people to fill the 80-100 seats in the September Class, and they processed 1700 candidates to fill the class before that. So based on averages, if your number is within a 900 from the 1700 starting list number (ie: 2600) you have a really good chance of making the next class even if it is only 100 seats. Obviously if the class is open for 250 seats, the number of candidates they will process on the list will be greater and so are your chances.

I take all this info with a grain of salt.. I will only believe I'm in when I get the letter. Until then, I'm just training and being patient.

"Just because you deposited the check, the money still isn't in the bank until that check clears.."

Comment

Thanks for the information 2xvet. I e-mailed my recruiter not too long ago to see if he has any new information, but no response yet. I wonder if they ever get tired of us! It is fortunate that impatience with human resources isn
                      Last edited by RGratton; 12-20-2005, 01:27 AM.

Comment

I am glad I'm not the only one calling recruitment with my questions every so often.

Gratton, what are special troopers/ special investigators? Are those members of the nyspp? Haven

Comment

They were members of the NYSP. Special Troopers are retired Troopers that were rehired temporarily to work security details and in carry out other law enforcement duties following 9-11. For example, one of their primary duties was guarding power plants. It was a pretty good deal for them since they could collect retirement and get paid for what they were working too.

I just started running again this week. I did 4 miles yesterday and I

Comment

yeah gratton i am doing about that same thing you are. im running 3 times a week at 4 miles each time and i eventually hope to up the mileage. Does anyone know exactly what will be expected of us at the medical?

Comment

[QUOTE=RGratton]

I was told that the NYSP ended the program for
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Medical

The last medical I was in and out pretty quick. Go in and do a breathing apparatus/gas mask questionaire, then moved on to the weight and height measurements, situps and pushups, stripped down to underwear/met with the doctor and then a lieutenant gave a quick end of day debrief. I think I was there for about 3 hours.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7097 users online. 354 members and 6743 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X