Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• far1993
    replied
    It is still DIFFERENT circumstances, sure it's likely worse than the 2008 freeze that everyone keeps comparing this to, but that's the funny thing about government - it makes no sense sometimes.

For example I'm currently employed by my county's police department and during the 2008 recession we had our paychecks lagged, promotions delayed for years, and a hiring freeze on top of all of that. Currently in today's pandemic which is worse than the 2008 recession - we have NONE of those same problems. We're still getting new hires, still getting our step raises, and we're still getting promotions.

This is a different set of circumstances compared to 2008, is it worse? Probably but the response is completely different. There's no need at all to fear monger. Were frozen now and it will end when it ends. Stop speculating the worst - hope for the best - and WAIT!
    Last edited by far1993; 09-13-2020, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ascaldwell
    replied
    Oh I wholeheartedly agree. That's probably the least of our worries right now. There's a reason that there is an ammo shortage.
    Last edited by ascaldwell; 09-13-2020, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MadDog2020
    replied
    Last edited by MadDog2020; 09-26-2020, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ascaldwell
    replied
    When there is money basically lol. Keep in mind that Congress has filibustered any kind of relief bill until after the election (no state bailout anyway). Also, keep in mind that there is no such thing as a budget problem for any government. It is almost always a spending problem.

Leave a comment:

• far1993
    commented on 's reply
    Different circumstances, this freeze could last 5 years, it could end tomorrow, or anytime in between. No one can really guess until it's over really.

• MadDog2020
    replied
    Last freeze lasted over five years....

Leave a comment:

• Habs504
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldn’t expect any movement until at least after the election. Just my two cents though.

• far1993
    replied
    There's not really much information at all to really give even an educated guess as to when the freeze will end at this point. Before the email came out rumors stated the next class was going in around April 2021 but this could very well be further, point is there's not much info out there yet, so just gotta stay hopeful
    As for the next exam - I personally don't think it will happen until at least the next class goes in, but that's just my guess and I could be wrong. It's all just a guessing game right now.

Leave a comment:

• Khris2468
    replied
    Alright fellas. I hope everyone is doing well. Here’s a question for you all. How long do you guys think the hiring freeze will last? And when do y’all think new trooper exam will be given? Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Wackadoodle
    replied
    I didn’t get the email, but For anyone still wondering about the hiring freeze here is a link to the statement by the budget office:

https://www.budget.ny.gov/guide/bprm/b/b-1182.html

Leave a comment:

• far1993
    commented on 's reply
    "It is intended only for the individual(s) named" - you are correct, the freeze has become public knowledge anyway so asking for further information is irrelevant. With everything everyone has posted about the email - there isn't much left to be said about it. It states that all state departments are affected by the freeze and a budget will need to be allocated for the next class.

As stated before this email serves as a confirmation of what we all knew, there is no new information in it that would be of use to anyone.

• jas14
    commented on 's reply
    Nothing in the E-Mail contains highly sensitive or confidential information. Every piece of the E-Mail was already publicly released in some fashion.

• Dukefan23
    replied
    Amen far1993

Leave a comment:

• far1993
    replied
    The emails were likely only sent to the candidates waiting for class 210, I.e those that went through the medical in March, this is not a rumor. I personally did receive an email but due to the usual confidentiality stuff at the bottom

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain highly sensitive and confidential information. It is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments."

You're not likely to get many candidates on this forum who are willing to risk getting in trouble with their background investigators or even dqed for something like screen shoting/sharing these emails.

Leave a comment:

• NYCEMT_2020
    replied
    Maybe they didnt send the emails all at once idk. Try checking your junk mail maybe it went there by mistake

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3862 users online. 253 members and 3609 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X