300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes

My Brother had to get a vision waiver from USNA to enter. Junior year he got PRK surgery after he signed his 2 for 7 papers.
    Now is 20/15 in both eyes !

PT test; Maxing out the minimum sit up and push up reps with 20 or more seconds to go is showing the testers that you at 250 or 310 are ready and willing to train and complete the Academy.
    Finishing up at the or just before the "gong" is showing that your weight may be an issue to you and the NYSP.
    Keep training, everyone !

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response hxd, I appreciate the advice. The 20/25 eye needed more correction. I will talk with my surgeon tomorrow about a touch up or other options.
      Last edited by NYGiants; 10-21-2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone waiting on the word for the next academy, I hope to be there with ya.

Comment

• We've all been hearing "things" for a long time but just after lunch I heard the class to be starting late Nov, early Dec. It is to include the 46 from the last testing period and 75 ppl from the new test. Any truth to this rumor?

Comment

• This is pretty much in line with anything I've heard as well...who really knows though.

Comment

• Originally posted by OOC910 View Post
              We've all been hearing "things" for a long time but just after lunch I heard the class to be starting late Nov, early Dec. It is to include the 46 from the last testing period and 75 ppl from the new test. Any truth to this rumor?
              I am in the 46 left over.... as far as the dates go, I heard the same thing, but I did not hear that the class was over 100 heads.. If hear anything, Ill post it! The larger the academy, the more work there will have to be done to get the class together, which will only result in a later class date.

Comment

• Originally posted by OOC910 View Post
                We've all been hearing "things" for a long time but just after lunch I heard the class to be starting late Nov, early Dec. It is to include the 46 from the last testing period and 75 ppl from the new test. Any truth to this rumor?
                Like everyone has said, no one knows until it happens, but....

If the 75 is true, I would say that alot of people have made it far through the process, since the average processing for a spot is 10:1 and I am 674 and haven't heard anything.

Comment

• well there were a lot of ppl on the sunday of processing weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                    Like everyone has said, no one knows until it happens, but....

If the 75 is true, I would say that alot of people have made it far through the process, since the average processing for a spot is 10:1 and I am 674 and haven't heard anything.

I should say alot have made it through the BI, because I went to the processing weekend and still haven't heard.

Comment

• Going slightly off-topic, how many recruits began the academy in comparison to the 92 who successfully completed it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        Yippeeee! I move up in seniority today.

Just what I need.
                        You're welcome... The 6 months didn't move fast enough for me... I'll be starting FTO on monday.

To those waiting... get used to being in the dark. I started with my test 4 years ago and because of how things constantly change, processed for 3 classes before I got my golden ticket. Good luck

Comment

• Congrats ML75....What'd you think of the training/staff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                            Going slightly off-topic, how many recruits began the academy in comparison to the 92 who successfully completed it?
                            103 IIRC

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                              You're welcome... The 6 months didn't move fast enough for me... I'll be starting FTO on monday.

To those waiting... get used to being in the dark. I started with my test 4 years ago and because of how things constantly change, processed for 3 classes before I got my golden ticket. Good luck
                              Golden ticket or golden stop sign? Congrats mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by ML75 View Post
                                I'll be starting FTO on monday.

Yes, congrats ML. I know you will be busy, but do jump on here whenever you can to give all of us "wannabees" encouragement through the processing stages

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9519 users online. 476 members and 9043 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X