Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What if you have decent vision, but pretty hefty Astigmatisms in both eyes? Do they have any requirements on that or is that discretionary?
    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

    Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

    New York State Police

    Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

    Comment


    • Congrats to the 92 new Troopers from the 196th session.

      A few words of advice if you care to heed them:

      • Treat people as you would expect/want your family members to be treated...
      • If you are at busy complaint station don't be out writing tickets while the senior guy is taking all the calls -- this will lead to a miserable life for you
      • Take care of the station duties without being asked and this includes shoveling the snow around the entrances to the station multiple times if you have the time.
      • Don't call out of service early leaving calls for the other shift and if you are working the 2 shift start those cars in the morning for the oncoming shift (keeping gas preservation in mind of course)
      • Last but not least be safe out there and don't become complacent. Officer safety is your #1 priority and you should approach every stop/domestic/Call as a potential deadly encounter. Also don't forget that a vehicle and be deadlier than the bullet so keep watching traffic...


      Rant over... carry on...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
        Congrats to the 92 new Troopers from the 196th session.

        A few words of advice if you care to heed them:

        • Treat people as you would expect/want your family members to be treated...
        • If you are at busy complaint station don't be out writing tickets while the senior guy is taking all the calls -- this will lead to a miserable life for you
        • Take care of the station duties without being asked and this includes shoveling the snow around the entrances to the station multiple times if you have the time.
        • Don't call out of service early leaving calls for the other shift and if you are working the 2 shift start those cars in the morning for the oncoming shift (keeping gas preservation in mind of course)
        • Last but not least be safe out there and don't become complacent. Officer safety is your #1 priority and you should approach every stop/domestic/Call as a potential deadly encounter. Also don't forget that a vehicle and be deadlier than the bullet so keep watching traffic...


        Rant over... carry on...

        The first four points, depending on the severity, may get your locker in the back parking lot of the station (or at least, upside down and backwards). The last one will get you a casket with a full NYSP Funeral detail. I couldn't have said it better myself. Stay safe and have a long and happy career.
        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

        Comment


        • Congratulations to all the new Troopers!

          Comment


          • Congrats to all the newbies!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
              what is your rank? With a small class suspected they may not have anticipated reaching the 600s or so.

              Cadetlinux, we had this conversation before. I am ranked 674. I saw a person on here that was ranked 1000 something. he was just getting ready for his BI.

              Comment


              • .......................................
                Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:49 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                  Cadetlinux, we had this conversation before. I am ranked 674. I saw a person on here that was ranked 1000 something. he was just getting ready for his BI.
                  I have a hard time believing that, I'd wave the bs flag. No one else even in the 500s has processed that I've seen.

                  Comment


                  • Congrats to all the new Troopers

                    Comment


                    • There was a person here who claimed to be about 990 on the list and was invited to processing weekend. Nothing further from him/her though.

                      Originally posted by Mortal View Post
                      Ranked around 990 and I received a letter today. No time to type... must run.
                      Don't know how many people have actually made it through the process to BI, but if Mortal's statement is accurate, it's possible they they could be up to 1000 or better.

                      Comment


                      • I know they called that many for processing, I'm referring to strictly being called by their BI. I don't think they have processed as far down for this.

                        Comment


                        • Off the subject, to those of you who were talking about lasik. I had mine done on the 25th of September. I was 20/20 in one and 20/25 in the other the next day. It has been about a month and no improvement in the 20/25 eye. Is this normal, does it take a long time for it to heal.

                          Comment


                          • any advice would be appreciated

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NYGiants View Post
                              Off the subject, to those of you who were talking about lasik. I had mine done on the 25th of September. I was 20/20 in one and 20/25 in the other the next day. It has been about a month and no improvement in the 20/25 eye. Is this normal, does it take a long time for it to heal.
                              I was better than 20/20 in both eyes within a week.

                              You should continue to see a slight gradual improvement as the flap heals. When you paid for the surgery, did they include "touch-ups" for a period of time? If so, it MIGHT be correctable. There's also a possibility that it might not be correctable, and that's as good as they can get you.

                              Either way, it's worth discussing with your surgeon.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                                Congrats to all the new Troopers
                                Yippeeee! I move up in seniority today.

                                Just what I need.
                                Last edited by SlowDownThere; 10-21-2008, 12:05 PM.
                                You can now follow me on twitter.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7532 users online. 403 members and 7129 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X