Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYSP site states that a person needs correction for a certain prescription. Since I passed the eye test in albany, am I ok to wear glasses/contacts, or is lasik a requirement for everyone that uses correction????

Comment

• Originally posted by cbmzx101 View Post
      NYSP site states that a person needs correction for a certain prescription. Since I passed the eye test in albany, am I ok to wear glasses/contacts, or is lasik a requirement for everyone that uses correction????
      i think asking everyone who wears contacts or glasses to get lasik surgery is a little extreme.

Comment

• BI emailed me today and told me all of my information has been sent to Albany. He said I will probably hear within a month or so. Hopefully everything goes well and there will be no DQ heading my way. Time will tell. Anyone else know where they are in the BI process?

Comment

• I believe my BI was sent to Albany at the end of last week

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
            BI emailed me today and told me all of my information has been sent to Albany. He said I will probably hear within a month or so. Hopefully everything goes well and there will be no DQ heading my way. Time will tell. Anyone else know where they are in the BI process?
            mine called me on saturday and had two more contacts he had to get ahold of. he said he needed to submit it by monday so i assume he's finished with it. for those who do get through the BI isn't there another trip to albany thats required? for a physical or something? how long before the academy starts does that usually take place?

Comment

• Same here - my file was sent up to Albany last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                During Processing Weekend, the Trooper conducting the PT stopped me once I fulfilled the req's on the push ups and sit ups..The run, in my opinion, is the only place you can really show that you are better than the minimum standard

I was also stopped after I passed the minimum.

Comment

• Mine was completed and sent I'm about ten days ago. There is still a medical left for all who are qualified and it's typically 3-4 weeks before the class starts.

In other news.. Congrats to everyone who received their shields this morning!

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
                    BI emailed me today and told me all of my information has been sent to Albany. He said I will probably hear within a month or so. Hopefully everything goes well and there will be no DQ heading my way. Time will tell. Anyone else know where they are in the BI process?

Anyone else here that went to the processing weekend and psychologist, still waiting to hear from a BI. I talked to my recruiter and she told me my stuff was in Albany but hadn't been sent out yet.

Comment

• what is your rank? With a small class suspected they may not have anticipated reaching the 600s or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tlundberg04 View Post
                        i think asking everyone who wears contacts or glasses to get lasik surgery is a little extreme.
                        many federal agencies (USSS for one) if your vision is worse than 20/80 you need lasik or it is a DQ

i got it done recently (I was right on the border at ~20/80)

best $3600 i ever spent

next day i was seeing better than 20/20 at 20/15 and i'd bet i'm at 20/10 now

Comment

• Originally posted by a cashew View Post
                          many federal agencies (USSS for one) if your vision is worse than 20/80 you need lasik or it is a DQ

i got it done recently (I was right on the border at ~20/80)

best $3600 i ever spent

next day i was seeing better than 20/20 at 20/15 and i'd bet i'm at 20/10 now
                          i think it was 20/100 for nysp. mine were like 20/60 or something. i'm still a little reluctant to get lasik.

Comment

• I had it done in Rochester in May. I was 20/25 inside of 24 hours. I'm solid at 20/15 now, plus I was picking letters off the 20/10 line.

Hands down, best money I've ever spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post

Hands down, best money I've ever spent.

I second that!

Comment

• I was somewhere around 20/200. I had LASIK four years ago and still tested 20/15 at this past processing. I got mine at Lasik+ in Albany and I don't even think it cost me 3k.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8781 users online. 409 members and 8372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X