300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper1986 View Post
    ...If you show up in jeans and a t-shirt (like some have)...
    I'm sorry, but why anyone would do this confu*kles the everloving crap out of me.

Employment as a Trooper is one of THE most coveted positions in law-enforcement in the State of New York. WHY, for the love of God would anyone not take that meeting seriously? That brief encounter can (and will) be the first decision point on your path to a career (not a job, but a career) as a Trooper. That one meeting could literally be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Heaven forbid you treat it as such.

Oy vey.

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
      I'm sorry, but why anyone would do this confu*kles the everloving crap out of me.

Employment as a Trooper is one of THE most coveted positions in law-enforcement in the State of New York. WHY, for the love of God would anyone not take that meeting seriously? That brief encounter can (and will) be the first decision point on your path to a career (not a job, but a career) as a Trooper. That one meeting could literally be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Heaven forbid you treat it as such.

Oy vey.
      You and me both, that tells me you could care less about the opportunity given to you.

Comment

• Here's the thing....not everyone wants this as bad as us ha ha. Some applicants are really just kicking the idea around, not sure what their real intent is quite yet. It's not that out of the norm for someone to get offered a spot and say no because of other opportunities either. Sure it's rare, but it still happens.

We are the exception, the losers who frequent a message board just to hear the latest :-p

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
          Here's the thing....not everyone wants this as bad as us ha ha. Some applicants are really just kicking the idea around, not sure what their real intent is quite yet. It's not that out of the norm for someone to get offered a spot and say no because of other opportunities either. Sure it's rare, but it still happens.

We are the exception, the losers who frequent a message board just to hear the latest :-p
          Haha yeah, I've been visiting this for about a year now and I'm only 17 years old, so I have 4 more years until I'm eligible to attend the academy I think? I know 21 is thrown around in there somewhere. But this is a job I seriously want and look up to. Troopers are role models to me, and I'm working to make myself the best possible candidate when the opportunity presents itself. I wish the best of luck to you and everyone else who seriously wants this job!

Comment

• Final processing....what does this consist of for those of you who have been through it? I know they will most likely retest push ups / sit ups but I'm not sure what the medical entails or any other loose ends they tie up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharpshooter518 View Post
              Hi everyone,

I am new here and scored a 92 on the exam and was wondering about the process. If I get through the PAT and then the BI, I am automatically in the academy depending on available slots? Is there no interview?

I also have asthma and some allergies. Will this keep me from the academy?
              I have asthma and allergies also. In the process I have only been asked if it is exercise induced, which it is not, But we will see what happens at medical, I do have to take meds to regulate it everyday.......

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                Final processing....what does this consist of for those of you who have been through it? I know they will most likely retest push ups / sit ups but I'm not sure what the medical entails or any other loose ends they tie up.
                May I direct you to post #100 of this thread.

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                Turn your head and cough... now bend over and spread 'em!
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper1986 View Post
                  If you show up in jeans and a t-shirt (like some have) that will be the first line in his or her narrative and the first thing they will see in Albany when they read it. ....
                  I have posted this before:
                  My BI contacted me asking (actually telling) me to hurry down to the station for an exit interview. I advised him I just got off the night shift and I was still wearing shorts and T-shirt and I would be down as soon as I changed. He told me not to worry and come as I am.

Not a chance, I took a quick shower, donned the old suit and when I arrived he laughed and told me "You passed that test"...

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                    I have posted this before:
                    My BI contacted me asking (actually telling) me to hurry down to the station for an exit interview. I advised him I just got off the night shift and I was still wearing shorts and T-shirt and I would be down as soon as I changed. He told me not to worry and come as I am.

Not a chance, I took a quick shower, donned the old suit and when I arrived he laughed and told me "You passed that test"...
                    LOL.
                    That's messed up, because I'm pretty sure some people would have showed up in jeans and everything.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I got a Question

I am 6'3 and i weight 250 however, I am not fat and can handle my weight fairly well. will this DQ me because of the weight to height ratio???

also I have no problem meting the push up and situp requirement

Comment

• My interview was conducted in my home. The Investigator showed up at my house (called first), talked with me, my parents, checked out my cars (registrations numbers), asked if he could look in them, then went and talked to all my neighbors, all within a couple hours. Of course, this was a LONG time ago, but it sems like yesterday. All I could think was how thorough he was. It truly is the best job ever. As bad as it gets sometime, it's nice to get a reminder once in a while how nice we truly have it.
                        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• www.nytrooper.com

The height/weight standards as well as body fat percentage parameters are on there.

Comment

• Asked and answered already.

No, you should be fine! Don't forget the 1.5 run though...

Originally posted by NyCborn View Post
                            I am 6'3 and i weight 250 however, I am not fat and can handle my weight fairly well. will this DQ me because of the weight to height ratio???

also I have no problem meting the push up and situp requirement

Comment

• Height/Weight Ratios

Read back a few hundreds of posts and we had a long discussion on the H/W charts. Since I weigh 60lbs more than you it was a concern of me as well.
                              I suggest that you continue to train, ESPECIALLY THE RUN, so that you don't come in near the 'barely passing' catagory !
                              Putting up numbers at the INITIAL PT test, ESPECIALLY the run, that are near or better than the minimum graduation numbers will prove that you are in shape and capable of conducting yourself at that weight. They will see that YOU aren't going to be wasting everyone's time at the Academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                                Putting up numbers at the INITIAL PT test, ESPECIALLY the run, that are near or better than the minimum graduation numbers will prove that you are in shape and capable of conducting yourself at that weight. They will see that YOU aren't going to be wasting everyone's time at the Academy.
                                During Processing Weekend, the Trooper conducting the PT stopped me once I fulfilled the req's on the push ups and sit ups..The run, in my opinion, is the only place you can really show that you are better than the minimum standard

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4931 users online. 196 members and 4735 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X