Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic, but where in TX are you cbmz?

Comment

• Just out of curiousity, How many people posting here are part of the 46 "leftovers"?

I'm included in this group and after 4 years of waiting I'm sure the rest of us are standing
      on pins waiting to get the highly classified start date

Good luck to all

Comment

• OOC910,

I HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR! BEEN THROUGH THE PROCESS 2 FULL TIMES, I HOPE THIS IS IT..... WORD IS NOVEMBER, BUT I HAVE BEEN WRONG SO MANY TIMES B4.:

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
          mapquest is telling me that it would take 12.5 hours to drive to albany from where i am.
          i was assuming everyone actually lives in ny

Comment

• I'd like to say Congrats to those who will be graduating the Academy in just a few days from now. Hopefully all of us who are waiting and all of us who have been waiting, will have the same opportunity to be invited soon and to graduate likewise.

As Trooper1986 stated, "Anyone that has told you this is the best job in the world wasn't lying." I really believe this to be true.

Lets hope for the best!

Comment

• If I make it in I'll have a ridiculous 25 minute drive

And let's hope I do because getting told no last time was a swift kick to the manparts....

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post

getting told no last time was a swift kick to the manparts....
                C'mon linux, rejection only makes u stronger That's what I tell myself anyway
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Hope you get it this time cadetlinux. tho go through all of that you deserve it
                  " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    You won't have 6 or 8 to a quad.

More time to get ready in the morning.

Shorter waits in the chow line.
                    the shorter wait in the chow line is a plus and minus

Minus - you get your food quicker
                    plus - more time after chow to run back to your room to deal with gastrointestinal issues

Beware of Ester

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
                      I've recently heard that the next academy is going to be roughly around 75. This information has no legitimate grounds other than word of mouth, but what would happen to those who don't get selected if its a small academy and we aren't dq'd from the background check/polygraph? Would we just roll over until the next academy? I know how most of the process goes but I was unsure of how this works. My BI also said that his background check was due Wednesday. I guess they are pushing really quick through these. I hope we all get enough time put into us because of the rush of things.
                      If your background has been completed and you aren't in this next class an updated background would have to be conducted on you. Not like the full blown original, but all of your current status items are re-checked. Employment, arrest record, driving record, injuries, any major life changes, etc. So, keep out of trouble while you are waiting.....

Comment

• Academy

Hi everyone,

I am new here and scored a 92 on the exam and was wondering about the process. If I get through the PAT and then the BI, I am automatically in the academy depending on available slots? Is there no interview?

I also have asthma and some allergies. Will this keep me from the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by sharpshooter518 View Post
                          Hi everyone,

I am new here and scored a 92 on the exam and was wondering about the process. If I get through the PAT and then the BI, I am automatically in the academy depending on available slots? Is there no interview?

There are no guarantees for your entire career if you make it to being a Division Employee As for an interview... no there is no formal board you go before like some agencies but you interaction with your background Investigator and the shrink you talk to are very important interviews.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by sharpshooter518 View Post
                            Hi everyone,

The asthma and allergies would all be covered in your medical, if either are DQ factors they would let you know right away. As far as an interview, Your initial meeting with your BI is your most important interview and should be treated as a job interview - business suit, smart personal appearance, articulate speech - the whole nine yards. This is the guy (or gal) you have to impress because he or she will be writing up your background narrative. If you show up in jeans and a t-shirt (like some have) that will be the first line in his or her narrative and the first thing they will see in Albany when they read it. ("The applicant arrived at the station for his interview wearing blue jeans and a Milwaukee Brewers T-shirt, clothes which were not appropriate for a job interview") When they read this , they will be looking forward to the next one in the pile. Making a good impression on your BI is imperative. Be available for telephone calls and follow up questions. Basically just go out of your way to be impressive, but not cocky - cocky is bad. Straight forward and professional are the ingredients for success. I have done over 50 of these, so I know what I am talking about....

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper1986 View Post
                              If you show up in jeans and a t-shirt (like some have) that will be the first line in his or her narrative and the first thing they will see in Albany when they read it. ("The applicant arrived at the station for his interview wearing blue jeans and a Milwaukee Brewers T-shirt, clothes which were not appropriate for a job interview") ...
                              We have a back room guy that send them home when they arrive that way.
                              No interview for you! It's hilareous.
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• haha....harsh! How does he break it to them? Second chance? I can't imagine there would be too much of a narrative there. Funny nonetheless...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4250 users online. 168 members and 4082 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X