Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance of November class is VERY slim. TT came out stating all the ATO's are being released from the Academy a couple days after graduation. They would keep them if it was a class starting very soon. December seems to be more logical. Then again, logic does not always apply on this job.......you will learn this over time. This next class start date seems to be the best kept secret in many years.
    Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
    American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• My BI called a retired Trooper (a family friend) that I had listed in my application packet...After talking to him, the Trooper called me afterwards and said how would you feel about being gone before Christmas, or even before Thanksgiving...He did stress the uncertainty of the situation to me though

Comment

• It would be the best early Christmas present ever, ha ha. That's how I'd feel.

Comment

• That's all I'm asking for this Christmas as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
            That's all I'm asking for this Christmas as well!
            Just show up at the Academy on Christmas morning and ask if Santa left a job offer under the Academy Christmas tree for you........
            Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
            American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
              It would be the best early Christmas present ever, ha ha. That's how I'd feel.
              I feel the same exact way. I wouldn't ask for anything else for a longg time.

I really hope everything works out soon.

Comment

• SDT,

Since the current class is about to graduate and a new class will be attending (sooner or later), I'm hoping that you'll post an updated list of items that new recruits should bring with them to the academy...

Also, a question...
                Are all recruits at the academy given the privilege to go home on weekends from the beginning, or must it be earned?

-Congrats and good luck to the Grads-
                Last edited by patiently w8ing; 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• it's not optional to go home on weekends, it's required, no one to babysit you then haha.

Comment

• Yep, for me it's about a 3 hour drive without traffic. I feel for anyone that has to come from the Buffalo area.

Comment

• Originally posted by DubyaSTI View Post
                      Yep, for me it's about a 3 hour drive without traffic. I feel for anyone that has to come from the Buffalo area.
                      jamestown here. it doesn't get much farther than that.

Comment

• DubyaSTI,

I am in the same boat as you, also from LI, and been going through the process for four years now!! This is it, I really hope we get into this next class. Rumor is the next class will start in November and will be very small.. Keep checking your mailbox, hopefully we will get news soon..

Comment

• Weekends in Albany, YEA !

I recall, several thousands of posts ago, that some prior trainees would rent a motel/hotel room in the Albany area rather than make a long haul home.
                          Study, get their gear in top shape, and just basically rest up.

Comment

• i'll worry about stuff like this when i get the letter. i don't think my background is even done yet.

Comment

• Good Luck

I stumbled on this thread while surfing around LEO sites. I have been with the NYSP for 22 years, 10 as a road trooper & FTO and the past 12 in the BCI. I have done a number of background investigations and have seen a lot of good people get hired. I have also been able to weed out some that didn't belong. Good luck to all you guys and gals. Anyone that has told you this is the best job in the world wasn't lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper1986 View Post
                                I stumbled on this thread while surfing around LEO sites. I have been with the NYSP for 22 years, 10 as a road trooper & FTO and the past 12 in the BCI. I have done a number of background investigations and have seen a lot of good people get hired. I have also been able to weed out some that didn't belong. Good luck to all you guys and gals. Anyone that has told you this is the best job in the world wasn't lying.
                                Welcome aboard

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3789 users online. 164 members and 3625 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X