300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tlundberg04 View Post
    The BI told my parents they were trying to get a class together for november. he also said he only had about ten days to do the background investigation whereas usually he has over a month. I had two meetings with my BI and took the poly all within a week. but i guess nothing's set in stone. I can't believe you haven't heard anything yet.
    Yeah, gives me that sick feeling!

Comment

• Call your recruiter...

The rumor is for a small class...it's possible they thought they'd have enough candidates before they reached your position. I'd still want to know what was going on if I were you.

Several people do fail the psych exam as well or disclose something disqualifying that they hadn't previously. I'm not insinuating that this is the case with you, but I'm afraid it may be for my buddy in the same position as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
        he told them that Troopers partner up from 11pm-7am..I hadn't heard that, and was just wondering if that was true?
        We are only required to have a partner from midnight to 5 AM. K9 guys can work alone all night though.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I know my BI hasn't sent mine in yet, because I've been talking to him almost everyday to answer a question or two

Comment

• What are the +/- to having a small class, if that is to be the case

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
              Call your recruiter...

The rumor is for a small class...it's possible they thought they'd have enough candidates before they reached your position. I'd still want to know what was going on if I were you.

Several people do fail the psych exam as well or disclose something disqualifying that they hadn't previously. I'm not insinuating that this is the case with you, but I'm afraid it may be for my buddy in the same position as you.
              I talked to my recruiter, she said my stuff is in Albany but hasn't been assigned to a BI yet, but she thinks it should be soon, but to keep her updated.

I also talked to a guy I know from the last testing, he is one of the 46 that is going to come over from that test, and he is starting his second background.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                What are the +/- to having a small class, if that is to be the case
                Fewer ATO's but you can't hide.
                sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Pro:

More individual attention

Con:

Comment

• You won't have 6 or 8 to a quad.

More time to get ready in the morning.

Shorter waits in the chow line.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I'm ranked in the 600s also haven't heard from a BI. When i went for my psych the other two candidates I spoke to said they hadn't heard anything yet either so I wouldn't worry. As I've posted before I'm more interested in a later class so I'm not stressing about getting in the possible November class. I'd be more interested to know if somebody in the 700-900s has spoken to a BI.
                      NYSP
                      2008 Exam Score - 97.64
                      Rank- 6xx

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                          Pro:

Con:

Hahaha, pretty much.

Comment

• Did a background interview and poly today. Everything went well. The BI's have been given less than two weeks to get the backgrounds finished. I was also told that there is a strong possiblity of having a academy in November. To blitzfitz2150 I talked with a guy when I was doing my oral psych and he was just over 1000 on the list and he was getting ready to do his poly. At that point I had yet to hear from my BI and I rank below 100. It was also mentioned that the class would be about 75-100.
                            Last edited by NYGiants; 10-15-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone hope to see you in November.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                                Pro: Fewer communicable diseases being spread.
                                It wasn't all bad, I had my meals brought to me while being quarantined for two days with clamidia pneumonia.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12660 users online. 502 members and 12158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X