Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do believe those that don't make the upcoming class but pass all aspects of processing (whenever it might be) would roll over into the class after that.

Comment

• Does anyone know whether the Medical typical done during the week or on a Saturday, similar to processing weekend and the oral psych

Comment

• Usually on a weekend.....
        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
          I've recently heard that the next academy is going to be roughly around 75. This information has no legitimate grounds other than word of mouth, but what would happen to those who don't get selected if its a small academy and we aren't dq'd from the background check/polygraph? Would we just roll over until the next academy? I know how most of the process goes but I was unsure of how this works. My BI also said that his background check was due Wednesday. I guess they are pushing really quick through these. I hope we all get enough time put into us because of the rush of things.
          Yes, as long as you took the test earlier this year (and not held over from the test almost 5 years ago). That same list will be used whenever hiring resumes, and will remain valid for several more years.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Any of the sworn guys heard any rumors about a merger with nyspp? since we have been w/out contract since 2003 and those retro checks would be about 18 million.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPR View Post
              Any of the sworn guys heard any rumors about a merger with nyspp? since we have been w/out contract since 2003 and those retro checks would be about 18 million.
              I have read where Gov. Patterson is considering selling or leasing some state parks to private enterprize, in an effort to raise money. It raises an interesting question about the Park Police. But I have heard no rumors.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I hope you guys get in an academy class soon!

On a side note, the Rays are manhandling the Red Sox. Ahahahahaha.
                This is to funny.

Comment

• Hey guys, This is my first time posting. I have pretty much read this entire thread, but just had a question for all of the hopefuls out there. I went through the processing in Albany on Sept. 13-14, met with the psychologist on Oct. 3rd, and have yet to hear anything from a BI. Is anyone here at the same point, just waiting to hear from a BI? Do they work outwards from Albany, or are they stationed all over the State?

I am figuring since there are only a limited number, that it is just a wait to hear situation.

Comment

• They are stationed all over the state. What rank are you on the list? They may have only called what they expected they would need at this point. There are rumors of a small class. I would imagine it's not a good sign for getting in the next class that you haven't been called yet though.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                      Hey guys, This is my first time posting. I have pretty much read this entire thread, but just had a question for all of the hopefuls out there. I went through the processing in Albany on Sept. 13-14, met with the psychologist on Oct. 3rd, and have yet to hear anything from a BI. Is anyone here at the same point, just waiting to hear from a BI? Do they work outwards from Albany, or are they stationed all over the State?
                      I wouldn't lose hope yet because nothing has been announced..My BI called out of the blue one afternoon, I met him that night..Then a week later I took the polygraph...On a side note, when my BI came over to meet my family for questions, he told them that Troopers partner up from 11pm-7am..I hadn't heard that, and was just wondering if that was true?

Comment

• Considering the time constraints they've place on BIs I would say it'd be unlikely to start a new one now, which is sad because I have a good buddy in the same situation.

Yes, troopers do partner up during those time frames.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                          Considering the time constraints they've place on BIs I would say it'd be unlikely to start a new one now, which is sad because I have a good buddy in the same situation.

Yes, troopers do partner up during those time frames.
                          True, they do seem to be under a pretty tight window...That is good to hear about, considering I would assume that most calls during those times are ones that you would be in most need of a partner..Any idea how long they've been doing it this way?

Comment

• Forever, or almost that long ha ha. My grandfather is retired and it was that way throughout his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                              They are stationed all over the state. What rank are you on the list? They may have only called what they expected they would need at this point. There are rumors of a small class. I would imagine it's not a good sign for getting in the next class that you haven't been called yet though.
                              I am ranked 674 from the written test.

Has there been anything besides rumors about the next class. Everyone has said November but to quote Trooper4985:
                              "I haven't seen a TT asking for volunteers to be ATO's so I doubt there is going to be a class in early November"

Comment

• Originally posted by thefirm5 View Post
                                I am ranked 674 from the written test.

Has there been anything besides rumors about the next class. Everyone has said November but to quote Trooper4985:
                                "I haven't seen a TT asking for volunteers to be ATO's so I doubt there is going to be a class in early November"
                                The BI told my parents they were trying to get a class together for november. he also said he only had about ten days to do the background investigation whereas usually he has over a month. I had two meetings with my BI and took the poly all within a week. but i guess nothing's set in stone. I can't believe you haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4774 users online. 261 members and 4513 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X