Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my inteview with the shrink yesteday...I hope I passed this one!
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
      Personally, I left it all out there..its out of my hands now
      Exactly how I feel...

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
        cadetlinux...you made it to the poly and completed it 4 years ago and they didn't select you? Wow. I am very suprised by that and kind of discouraged since this is my first time through the process and I just recently completed my poly as well. Were you DQ'd or did they just not take you for the academy and you had to start all over again??? I know a few troopers in my neighborhood and they have told me that usually when you make it past the polygraph, you're in. I thought that I/we would have a decent chance of making it into the academy for this next class and I hope that I am right. Congrats again on having gone this far...again. This is truly a long process and it is very trying. I hope that we get to see each other if we make it to the academy.

There were a couple things that I needed to put some time between, nothing permanently disqualifying. I had an account in collections, I didn't have a real established job history (mostly seasonal work)....

Those few things combined told them I still had a little growing up to do. I was 21 the first go around.

Comment

• I have an interview with BI and poly on the 15th. Do they tell you after your finished if you passed or is it another waiting game. Has anyone heard any probable dates for the start of the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGiants View Post
            I have an interview with BI and poly on the 15th. Do they tell you after your finished if you passed or is it another waiting game. Has anyone heard any probable dates for the start of the academy?
            There is talk that the way the economy is that they might put off having a class for a whole year. Plus... I haven't seen a TT asking for volunteers to be ATO's so I doubt there is going to be a class in early November.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Sorry going a little off the topic at hand but 9 days until graduation. Congratulations in advance to all the new troopers!

Comment

• yea, nothing like a couple extra weeks in the academy waiting to get out there, poor guys...

Comment

• only 9 days huh? i'm sure any fto's would know by now if they were getting a recruit, so i guess i'll not be getting relieved of my duty of the tour strength and cutting the types for a while longer...

congrats to the grads

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                    only 9 days huh? i'm sure any fto's would know by now if they were getting a recruit, so i guess i'll not be getting relieved of my duty of the tour strength and cutting the types for a while longer...

congrats to the grads
                    Names of FTOs were submitted to Troop on Thursday. File 14 should be out very soon...

Comment

• i made it beyond the poly, and my entire background was completed. my b.i. said that i should not have anything that would keep me out. i got dq'd. that was four years ago, they gave me the time and distance thing. today ive been with the psp for almost 2 years, so in the end, it all works out

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                        There is talk that the way the economy is that they might put off having a class for a whole year. Plus... I haven't seen a TT asking for volunteers to be ATO's so I doubt there is going to be a class in early November.
                        I wonder if they would be doing things in such earnest if they weren't going to have a class some time in the near future

Comment

• Congrats to the grads...seemed like yesterday they left
                          " Get this piece off s*** of my highway"

Smokey and the Bandit

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                            I wonder if they would be doing things in such earnest if they weren't going to have a class some time in the near future
                            That's what I'm hoping also.

Comment

• I've recently heard that the next academy is going to be roughly around 75. This information has no legitimate grounds other than word of mouth, but what would happen to those who don't get selected if its a small academy and we aren't dq'd from the background check/polygraph? Would we just roll over until the next academy? I know how most of the process goes but I was unsure of how this works. My BI also said that his background check was due Wednesday. I guess they are pushing really quick through these. I hope we all get enough time put into us because of the rush of things.

Comment

• Originally posted by doowan81 View Post
                                I've recently heard that the next academy is going to be roughly around 75. This information has no legitimate grounds other than word of mouth, but what would happen to those who don't get selected if its a small academy and we aren't dq'd from the background check/polygraph? Would we just roll over until the next academy?
                                i was wondering this too. my BI said his was due friday but he said he wasn't going to make it in time. it's seems like they're trying to throw a class together really quick in case future budget cuts arise.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8663 users online. 417 members and 8246 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X