300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reils49
    NYATC, I havent heard anything yet. I have my fingers crossed though! I have one question though: I took the test in March 2006 (supplemental military). My rank is around 2160. If they are already past 9000, does that mean I will get a letter automatically? Also, I am leaving for Iraq in about 2 weeks, what if I get my letter for further processing while Im deployed??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You should contact your recruiter before you leave to see about your letter. If you are going to be gone when your letter is supposed to come you should notify your recruiter that you need to defer.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Got my notice for processing Oct. 28 and 29 this past saturday. Now to get through processing weekend and prepare to wait some more.

Thank god they gave me a 2nd chance....Situps got me last time. 2 didnt get counted, my first 2 because my elbows hit just below my knee caps instead of on top of my knees. End result...38 out of 40 FAIL. My fault I should have been able to do more than just the 40, so take that as a lesson if you are going in Oct. make sure you can do at LEAST 10 more Situps and pushups than required. Situps are harder when you are there because your stomachs already in a knot, keep that in mind as well.
      Last edited by 208; 09-25-2006, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Anyone Else?

Did anyone else get a letter for Oct 28/29? If so, what is your ranking?

Comment

• A Trooper just called me the other day to confirm that I will be attending. This didnt happen before but I welcomed it since I planned on calling them anyways.

Comment

• good luck to all.

Comment

• Congrats to the 193rd!

Last I heard the upcoming class may only be taking around 70 recruits...
              Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• Yes, congrats to all of those who are graduating today.

I also heard that the class would be around that number, at least for now. I received my letter last week to come in for my medical. I havent seen to many people on here with updates lately. Last class this forum was updated daily. Well good louck to everyone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49
                  Just curious about processing: what exactly do they do there? I got a letter inviting me, but im stuck here in Iraq!!! I called my recruiter, she said it wasnt a problem. I'll just process next time.
                  The processing involves an eye exam, physical agility test, psych. exam. etc.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by cappy1976
                    ...and this is my first and only shot to get in, as I will be turning 30 in Oct
                    Cappy, I'm not certain about this, but I think you are still eligible.

As long as you were not yet 30 upon the filing deadline for the exam you took, you will not be disqualified. My understanding is that you can stay on this list for as long as it lasts, regardless of your age. So whether you make the next class, or the one after that, or after that, you can be hired.

Is that your understanding?
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Just curious about processing: what exactly do they do there? I got a letter inviting me, but im stuck here in Iraq!!! I called my recruiter, she said it wasnt a problem. I'll just process next time.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                        Cappy, I'm not certain about this, but I think you are still eligible.

As long as you were not yet 30 upon the filing deadline for the exam you took, you will not be disqualified. My understanding is that you can stay on this list for as long as it lasts, regardless of your age. So whether you make the next class, or the one after that, or after that, you can be hired.

Is that your understanding?
                        SDT - Yes sir, that is my understanding of that situation. I was just referring in being my only chance in that if i did in fact get DQ'ed for whatever reason, that I would be to old to take the next exam (which I figured was sometime next year or early 08). I go in for the final medical on the 18th, and i am looking forward to it. I spoke to the troop G recruiter but he was unsure about whether i could potentially be in the next class, or i would be pushed back to possibly next summer's class (honestly i hope it is sooner rather than later). thanks for the message though you guys have been very helpful all the way through the process

Comment

• final medical

Last edited by toolegit2quit; 05-09-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Checking the mail box

Anyone have an idea on how long we have to wait for the letter of appointment?
                            I know they said at the medical that it could take a month, but in the other post if i read them right it seems to be two weeks or so?

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty
                              I know they said at the medical that it could take a month, but in the other post if i read them right it seems to be two weeks or so?
                              My class found out 1 month before the last class started, but this past class found out 2 week before their start date...

Remember they are only taking in 70-80 recruits, so out of the 200 who showed up for the medical a lot of people will not receive the nod this time around.
                              Last edited by wannabeenytrp; 11-28-2006, 10:53 AM.
                              Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• The waiting game

Originally posted by sgtmccarty

This is where the fun starts. I graduated from the last class and received my appointment letter less than 2 weeks before the academy started. The mailman had become my best friend. Best of luck to you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11324 users online. 372 members and 10952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X