Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I got a copy of the standards from my recruiter. I'm at 100 percent for situps, 95 percent for pushups, and like 60 percent for the run (I suck at running) ha ha.

Pushups are ridiculous, 65 for 95th percentile, 100 for 100th percentile. That's quite a significant jump for 5 percentage points.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
      Well I got a copy of the standards from my recruiter. I'm at 100 percent for situps, 95 percent for pushups, and like 60 percent for the run (I suck at running) ha ha.

Pushups are ridiculous, 65 for 95th percentile, 100 for 100th percentile. That's quite a significant jump for 5 percentage points.
      Sounds like the breakfast club to me.

Comment

• Sorry tough guy....I have no real trouble getting 95th percent. I was just stating that 35 pushups for 5 percentage points is significant. Even if I could do 100 I am not quite sure pushing out 35 more is worth the 5 percent ha ha.

Having also been in combat arms in the military, I haven't seen all that many people do 100 pushups at a rip, especially enough to consider it "breakfast club">

Comment

• i did 97 once two years ago but that was the best i have done and have not tried to touch it since....No need to explain yourself cadet, it was obvious what you were saying with that post

Comment

• Originally posted by boguesm View Post
            LMAO...funniest thing I've read since joining the board! I'm glad to see that you guys have a sense of humor...but I guess you have to if you wear a purple tie to work.
            He wasn't joking.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Took my polygraph test today...yup they're pretty in-depth. The interview with my investigator and the actual polygrapher was the most "intense" part of the process. I had a problem where I honestly did not remember all the jobs that I have had so I had to go back and list things....they seemed upset about that but I explained they were summer/seasonal jobs that I have not had in 6-8 years and it was basically "out of sight, out of mind". I hope that will not DQ me. I was worried going into the polygraph, but I passed quite easily. Is it just a waiting game now? I am hoping that I have a legitimate shot of getting in to the academy now that I have completed everything and passed the polygraph. And SlowDownThere isn't kidding. They ask about sex with animals. A lot. They even accuse you of it to try to throw you off guard. All in all I was very impressed with how they managed to know more about me than myself.

Comment

• They only asked me about sex with animals once.....you must be suspicious haha...JK, but seriously

Comment

They only asked me about sex with animals once.....
                  Was she cute, at least?
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Push ups

I remember reading a book about physical fitness by Herschel Walker.
                    He never lifted weights in his life, but thought that his push up routine was special.

He would do hundreds of pushups in sets with his Wife sitting on his back.

Comment

• I also had my poly yesterday, and it was different than I expected..but not in a bad way...I'm relieved to have gotten it over with nonetheless...I can't believe what a week it's been...Last Thursday I hadn't even met my BI, now I'm already done with the poly

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                        I also had my poly yesterday, and it was different than I expected..but not in a bad way...I'm relieved to have gotten it over with nonetheless...I can't believe what a week it's been...Last Thursday I hadn't even met my BI, now I'm already done with the poly
                        Congratulations to everyone who has finished with the poly and is moving one step closer to their goal! I wish I was in your shoes! Oh well, 4 more years.

Comment

• Thanks Nick...I was in this exact position 4 years ago. I completed the poly and then it was just a waiting game. I didn't make it obviously....it was a crushing blow then but now I can't believe 4 years has passed. I'm much more ready this go around anyways. Keep positive and hopefully it happens for you and I.

Comment

Thanks Nick...I was in this exact position 4 years ago. I completed the poly and then it was just a waiting game. I didn't make it obviously....it was a crushing blow then but now I can't believe 4 years has passed. I'm much more ready this go around anyways. Keep positive and hopefully it happens for you and I.
                            Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'm actually 17 years old in my senior year of high school and being a trooper is all I've ever wanted to do. I hope for you and everyone here going through this process the best of luck!

Comment

• cadetlinux...you made it to the poly and completed it 4 years ago and they didn't select you? Wow. I am very suprised by that and kind of discouraged since this is my first time through the process and I just recently completed my poly as well. Were you DQ'd or did they just not take you for the academy and you had to start all over again??? I know a few troopers in my neighborhood and they have told me that usually when you make it past the polygraph, you're in. I thought that I/we would have a decent chance of making it into the academy for this next class and I hope that I am right. Congrats again on having gone this far...again. This is truly a long process and it is very trying. I hope that we get to see each other if we make it to the academy.

Comment

• Personally, I left it all out there..its out of my hands now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7587 users online. 399 members and 7188 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X