Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard end of November at the earliest as well.

Anyone have the Cooper Standards? I want to see exactly what percentiles I'm falling in for the Physical Fitness. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• I have a meeting tomorrow with a dr. which I thought was a poly. Never heard anything about a straight oral psych.

Thanks for the advice about school I'm not too worried I can get it settled. Also spoke with an advisor who said they might accept the academy as an externship to knock out additional credits. Would be a first but they listen to any plee.

On a side note I have yet to be contacted by a BI. Anybody else as far as me and not hear from one? I live on LI and I know as of now we're without a Troop L "local recruiter." Don't know if those situations are connected. Anybody shed light on that or the BI sit? I know Tpr Jackson was our local and got transfered.
      NYSP
      2008 Exam Score - 97.64
      Rank- 6xx

Comment

• Originally posted by OOC910 View Post
        I see that everyone is saying the end of November. I was informed today that it is the first week of November. Any confirmation? or was i misinformed?

I had heard the end of Novemeber as well, as a tentitive date, so I would not rule out something earlier or later...as far as the B.I., mine contacted me last week sometime, BLITZ I think what I would do is call another recruiter, I have called the Albany one before and he has always been on point, get the number right off the website. Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Blitzfitz2150 View Post
          I have a meeting tomorrow with a dr. which I thought was a poly. Never heard anything about a straight oral psych.
          yeah there's a psych interview. the doctor just goes over your psych test with you and asks a few questions. mine only lasted like 15-20 mins.

Comment

• Hey everyone....I am new to this forum and have been reading it for a while but was unable to post any questions. I just had my first meeting with my background investigator and are scheduled for my polygraph tomorrow. Meeting went well, although I had a lot of tickets from when I first started out driving (speeding, mostly seatbelt tickets). My question is what types of questions will appear on the polygraph test? Will they be questions that will be in regards to the interview that I had with my BI, or will they be a series of questions that relate to my interview with my BI and a mix of what the polygrapher will ask? I'm nervous for the polygraph not because I have ever done anything illegal/serious, but because I am remember all the dumb things I have done growing up as a teenager (none of them are in regards to drug use since I have never tried any narcotic or stealing) will influence the polygraph. I have also been reading about the polygraph test in itself and from what I've read, the test cannot detect lies, but it is actually a lengthy interrigation that tries to extract information that the polygrapher tries to make relevant and use that against you. For anyone that has taken the test, do you have any information that you can share regarding your experience; or how the "test" is actually accurate? Sorry for the long first post. Just had a lot on my mind.

Comment

• Most all of us have done some stupid little thing in our past. There are several threads about polygraphs if you do a search.

I think if you're reading about the test not detecting lies, etc..., you're barking up the wrong tree. The polygraph may be just a tool to try to coax more out of you than you would admit otherwise but it'll still detect deception if you aren't volunteering the thoughts going through your mind.

How do you pass? Tell the truth and be consistent, that's it.

Comment

• Doowan,
                It is your best interest to stop reading about polygraph tests. You do realize it isn't unreasonable to question you about your knowledge of polygraphs, in the event you were to attempt to undermine the test...?

Regardless, stop thinking about it and just be honest.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion.
                    I am only concerned with the polygraph test because I have heard the stories about people who tell the truth and end up having false positives and right there and then is the end of the line for them. I have been reading about them and "doing my homework" not to cheat them, but to be informed with the best knowledge that I can get before I go to the test/interview as to the policies/procedures/how the test will go etc. I have disclosed everything that I can possibly think of to my BI, so I haven't purposely left off any information that would automatically disqualify me. From the information he presented me today at our meeting, it is quite clear that if they want to find something out, they will have absolutley no problem in doing so. I was very impressed with how in-depth my investigator was. I also had a sense of calm when he told me that he hasn't found anything that would DQ me, even though I had a lot of tickets (speeding going back and forth to college was just a dumb idea. Don't do it) he still thought I was in good shape.
                    After my polygraph tomorrow, what will the next step be? Is it just a waiting game to hear for a medical exam? I assume that no news is good news since if you receive news quickly, it is most likely a DQ letter from what I have been collecting. To anyone else along in the process, good luck. I hope the best for everyone.

Comment

• The reason I was "nervous" about the polygraph was because you start to remember all the things you did no matter how small and you worry about things you yourself haven't even remembered in over 10 years. It's funny how the fear of the test can jog your memory.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Haha. That was funny GreyState. I can at least answer "no" for that question. After I take the poly, how long should I expect to hear something from Albany? I've heard that an academy class might start in November, but with the way the current state of the economy I'm worried that they might even cancel and do away with their current plans. Does anyone have any information regarding this?

Comment

• The Troop L recruiter transferring explains why they never returned my phone calls or emails lol. I was getting nervous they were dodging me.

As for the next class I was told early November.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                              ...so most things out of your control now anyways. And yes, we police a lot of rural areas, so there will be questions about sex with animals.
                              LMAO...funniest thing I've read since joining the board! I'm glad to see that you guys have a sense of humor...but I guess you have to if you wear a purple tie to work.

Comment

• Pt

Start at; www.cooperinstitute.org for more than you will ever want to know about PT.

Polygraphs worries; Sounds like you should refrain from taking anything with caffeine in it for your review/test.
                                NYSP examiners get the best training and test thousands of people so 'false positives' should not be an issue.
                                "They" are not out to 'get you', they want you to answer truthfully.

Question; How ugly do they have to get to go into the 'animal' classification ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10307 users online. 509 members and 9798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X