Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard from a BI that there may me an academy class in November. Has anyone heard anything similiar?

Comment

• Originally posted by tacstar View Post
      I heard from a BI that there may me an academy class in November. Has anyone heard anything similiar?
      i heard the same thing......the end of November is what he told me, however i should add that he prefaced this comment by saying so far its just a rumor at this point
      Last edited by lawstndtrooper; 10-04-2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• I asked my BI about the next academy, and he didn't seem to have any specific knowledge..just the typical "depending on the legislature," type answer...He did, however, note the tight deadline they are under to finish them

Comment

• post deleted
          Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• yeah i have class (college) until December. If they call me up for November I have to defer the academy or WF (withdraw fail). Not good news for me.
            NYSP
            2008 Exam Score - 97.64
            Rank- 6xx

Comment

• yeah i have college til december too. but i'd instantly withdraw if i got an invite

Comment

• inadvertant.........
                Last edited by lawstndtrooper; 10-05-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blitzfitz2150 View Post
                  yeah i have class (college) until December. If they call me up for November I have to defer the academy or WF (withdraw fail). Not good news for me.
                  Too bad your instructor isn't a retired NYSP LT or other middle management... Maybe he would give you credit for the course for making it to graduation
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• College courses

Depending on your list number, you should start making inquiries about whatever classes you are presently enrolled in this semester.
                    Many times a one on one with the Instructor and you explaining your job situation will lead to an arrangement between the two of you for something like a special paper instead of a final, a final on a weekend, or a delayed final (incomplete grade) till you can get down there again.
                    Naturally going to the current classes and participating will let the Instructor know who you are and that you are a 'serious' student.
                    The more 'sucking up' now the better your options later...

Comment

• good advice will. i'm still not going to start counting any chickens before they hatch tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                        Depending on your list number, you should start making inquiries about whatever classes you are presently enrolled in this semester.
                        Many times a one on one with the Instructor and you explaining your job situation will lead to an arrangement between the two of you for something like a special paper instead of a final, a final on a weekend, or a delayed final (incomplete grade) till you can get down there again.
                        Naturally going to the current classes and participating will let the Instructor know who you are and that you are a 'serious' student.
                        The more 'sucking up' now the better your options later...
                        Very sound advice. I have been in a similar situation several times. I've found that if you discuss these issues early on on the semester, the instructor will be more apt to work with you.

My employer once scheduled me for an overseas trip several months in advance. When I got my class schedule, I found that I was scheduled to depart approximately one week prior to the final exam. I approached the instructor at the end of the first night and explained the situation to me. He thanked me, made note of it, and instructed me to remind him again a couple weeks before I was to depart. He allowed me to test out of the class two weeks early.

This isn't always the case. But it's MUCH better to be up front with the instructor and plea your case in the beginning then it is to come down to the wire and say "Oh by the way..."

Comment

• if they are planning on having a late november class, how should we expect notification to come (mail, phone, email) and when should we expect this notification assuming background and polygraph are all done by oct 10(friday)...any ideas?

Comment

• I've yet to take my polygraph..I just had my oral psych on Saturday...My BI didn't have a date set for it, but said it would likely be within the week

Comment

• Could we please fast forward a month or so....I hate the waiting game! Being prior service should have prepared me for this ha ha.

Comment

• I see that everyone is saying the end of November. I was informed today that it is the first week of November. Any confirmation? or was i misinformed?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14373 users online. 461 members and 13912 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X