Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my first meeting with my BU today and it was followed immediately by my polygraph. The poly took a little over two hours.

Comment

• SS statement

Although I had no problem getting my records from my local SS office...there have been posts that some offices are difficult.

Various posts have suggested that you try another office, some are nicer than others, advise the person you are asking to help that you need the forms for NYSP Academy (hopefully they won't have received a speeding ticket recently on the Northway or Thruway ).

Good luck.

Comment

• IIRC my poly was roughly 3 hours long. Definitely a mentally tough day, but all you have to do is tell the truth!

Comment

• cadet- that was fast, you just got the paper today, i have mine oct 10th.

Comment

• Yea...it was very fast and very unexpected haha. The nice thing is it gave me practically zero time to stress/over analyze over it. It feels good to have it over with.

Comment

• Oops, double post
              Last edited by cadetlinux; 10-01-2008, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• So is the Social Security statement required for the NYSP? If so I might as well apply for it once my company sends me the next w2. The closest Social Security office in WNY is Cheektowoga, I'll have to see if there's any others nearby. Telling them that I needed the document within one week for NYPD processing didn't speed things up any unfortunately also. Probably a good thing I put the processing on hold anyways; NYSP looks like a much better job.

Comment

• The Social Security statement was not required for anything I've done thus far

Comment

• I know it was close to the beginning of this thread somewhere..but there was a 6 week stew smith workout program that was mentioned..Is there anyone that has a copy of it?

Comment

• Thanks for the reply

Comment

• I was actually called by my investigator today for the first time..he wants to meet today..He apologized and mentioned the tight deadline they are on

Comment

• Stew

Stew is a USNA Grad, ex-NAVY SEAL and a great guy. Likes to help, anyone with specfic problems should email him.
                          He is also a frequent contributor on military.com site.

Drink water is his first thought (wait till your kidneys find out how much).

Comment

• (crickets)

Comment

• I had heard that you had to do the physical portion of the processing again (the run, sit ups and push ups) when you do the med exam before going to the acad. I was just wondering, since i have only heard that once...is that accurate?

Comment

• Originally posted by lawstndtrooper View Post
                                I had heard that you had to do the physical portion of the processing again (the run, sit ups and push ups) when you do the med exam before going to the acad. I was just wondering, since i have only heard that once...is that accurate?
                                No run, just pushups and situps. Unless that has changed...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8035 users online. 451 members and 7584 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X