Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a video on the web of the police academy process. It was produced by the NYSP and seems to show a really good idea of what goes on for those 26 weeks. It's a really well done video and makes me even more excited to get that call for the academy. I found it months ago actually, but didn't have posting rights yet.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=34529629

On a side note does anybody know what comes after the polygraph interview. Will we know basically then if our answers were good enough to get us through or will it be another couple or weeks waiting for a call or a letter?
    NYSP
    2008 Exam Score - 97.64
    Rank- 6xx

Comment

• One more side note. I was really surprised that they had made such a useful, indepth video but I had to google search and search to find it. You'd think they'd at least shoot an e-mail with a link to an uploaded video or send out a disc copy to potential candidates.

And here's two more vids. These are taken from the news and are more of an eye opener of the demands/dangers the academy and the job will have on you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duZEkkKXW3c
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYD4Z7qnWr4
      NYSP
      2008 Exam Score - 97.64
      Rank- 6xx

Comment

• One more thing, sorry to flood the forums. There are 34 views of this video right now, and there was probably 24 a month ago. It'll be interesting to see how many more people view it after its leaked on these forums.
        NYSP
        2008 Exam Score - 97.64
        Rank- 6xx

Comment

• Polygraph

I fail to see where answers could be "good enough" to pass the polygraph.

They are either truthful, thereby making you pass the interview.

or

They are untruthful, thereby making you flunk the interview.

or

The answers disclose some pior action that removes you from the selection process.

Comment

• Polygraph

I fail to see where answers could be "good enough" to pass the polygraph.

They are either truthful, thereby making you pass the interview.

or

They are untruthful, thereby making you flunk the interview.

or

The answers disclose some pior action that removes you from the selection process.

Comment

• I received a letter in the mail today stating that my position has been reached for consideration and that I will be contacted by my local troop concerning the updating of my background investigation.
              The word update leads me to assume this is in reference to the 04 processing, rather then the 08 processing that I've already begun. I'm going to call the number provided just to verify this.
              Any one else get a letter?

Comment

• double post sorry
                Last edited by DubyaSTI; 09-30-2008, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• triple post sorry again
                  Last edited by DubyaSTI; 09-30-2008, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Perhaps, but read up on a polygraph and decide if you'd like that to be the standard by which your judged for truthfullness. I'm not concerned about it myself but could imagine why someone would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                      People don't show up for a variety of reasons and a lot defer:
                      You have the military personnel, the people without enough college credit, pregnant, found better jobs, and of course those who realize that the hit the crack pipe too much and don't have a realistic shot of being a trooper... I have met people who have backed down because the physcial standards were too tough and they, rightly so, didn't think they had a snowballs chance in hell...

That is true, I would imagine as more time has passed from the test date, that the actual number of people that show up drops significantly.

Comment

• No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to see the last page of this thread. Maybe if I reply to it, I'll be able to see it.

Hey, there it is!

Comment

• can't see pg 179

Comment

• I can't get to page 179 either...but I just noticed I did a nice triple post yesterday.

Comment

• Ha ha, I decided to reply just to read page 179 as well. Sure enough it actually does exist. I would imagine it won't be long before we all hear from our background investigators at least for an initial interview.

Comment

• Polygraphs

Just to let some know that polygraphs are not ALWAYS reliable indicators of true or false statements.
                                Several factors come into play, not the least being the experience of the operator/polygraph giver and the type of questions they ask. How many exams has the examiner given, for how many years ? Is the question truly one that can be answered without ambiguity ?
                                Various schools exist that have varying levels of quality themselves, similar to PHD diploma mills. Sort of like asking your Doctor, prior to surgery, did he get his MD degree in Granada or Harvard ?
                                There are some drugs available to take prior to testing that will also cloud and in some cases toally confuse the machine and thus the examiner. Is a drug test give and analyzed along with the poly exam.
                                Lastly some people will not react telling a lie like the machine is constructed to determine.

For any poly examiner reading this I am not slamming your profession, just noting why it isn't considered "scientific evidence" in some States.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9796 users online. 463 members and 9333 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X