Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well at least his decision is good for everyone who actually wants the job.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by THE POSTER View Post
      Does anyone know how many invites each recruit gets to the graduation?
      For this class it's currently 12 invites for graduation and 3 invites for shield ceremony.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
        Hello everyone,

        Long time reader..Finally getting around to posting. I'm one of the lucky ones who was called to process in Albany a few weeks back. Does anyone know how many ended up being processing?
        About 1200 were invited to processing lots of deferrals for college credits and military. About 500 actually showed up.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ML75 View Post
          About 500 actually showed up.
          Are you sure only 500?
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            Are you sure only 500?
            Yes, around there. I didn't get the exact number.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
              Are you sure only 500?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                Are you sure only 500?
                Last edited by ML75; 09-28-2008, 11:37 AM. Reason: multiple post

                Comment


                • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                  Are you sure only 500?
                  This is certainly believable. I worked at a candidate processing last summer (it was decentralized, at several SUNY locations). It was for fitness testing only.


                  At my location, about 200 were invited. Only around 100 bothered to reply at all. Of those who replied, only 55 said they would show up. Of those 55, only 18 actually showed up. Of those 18, only 9 passed. (all numbers approximate, it was more than a year ago after all).

                  See why the list goes so deep, why we use 10 spots on the list to get to one hire?
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    This is certainly believable. I worked at a candidate processing last summer (it was decentralized, at several SUNY locations). It was for fitness testing only.


                    At my location, about 200 were invited. Only around 100 bothered to reply at all. Of those who replied, only 55 said they would show up. Of those 55, only 18 actually showed up. Of those 18, only 9 passed. (all numbers approximate, it was more than a year ago after all).

                    See why the list goes so deep, why we use 10 spots on the list to get to one hire?
                    That is amazing, you would think that people would show up and at least try.

                    Comment


                    • I agree that's amazing. Especially now w/ the threat of the economy tanking, you'd think that more people would want a secure job that offers great retirement benefits. It makes me feel so much better about my score too, I certainly am going to attend the second round of processing when I finally get called up.
                      Last edited by NYSP1938; 09-29-2008, 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by cbmzx101 View Post
                        That is amazing, you would think that people would show up and at least try.
                        People don't show up for a variety of reasons and a lot defer:
                        You have the military personnel, the people without enough college credit, pregnant, found better jobs, and of course those who realize that the hit the crack pipe too much and don't have a realistic shot of being a trooper... I have met people who have backed down because the physcial standards were too tough and they, rightly so, didn't think they had a snowballs chance in hell...

                        Comment


                        • I don't know how much faith to put in this statement, but does anyone agree w/ this; "It used to be about 1/10 made it through, but with the number of people using drugs and what not now it's more like 1/50."? It came from a retired Trooper Colonel I know.
                          Last edited by NYSP1938; 09-29-2008, 12:10 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Is there any way to actually know which # they're up to. For example, will we get a different message if we log onto www.nytrooper.com, or is it a wait and see; and hope no one mistakes the NYS letter as junk mail when it finally comes?
                            Last edited by NYSP1938; 09-29-2008, 12:10 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by NYSP1938 View Post
                              I don't know how much faith to put in this statement, but does anyone agree w/ this; "It used to be about 1/10 made it through, but with the number of people using drugs and what not now it's more like 1/50."? It came from a retired Trooper Colonal I know.
                              Originally posted by NYSP1938 View Post
                              Is there any way to actually know which # they're up to. For example, will we get a different message if we log onto www.nytrooper.com, or is it a waite and see; and hope no one mistakes the NYS letter as junk mail when it finally comes?
                              If you make it through the process... I highly recommend you invest in a dictionary.
                              sigpic

                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                              Trooper4985's official theme song

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                                This is certainly believable. I worked at a candidate processing last summer (it was decentralized, at several SUNY locations). It was for fitness testing only.


                                At my location, about 200 were invited. Only around 100 bothered to reply at all. Of those who replied, only 55 said they would show up. Of those 55, only 18 actually showed up. Of those 18, only 9 passed. (all numbers approximate, it was more than a year ago after all).

                                See why the list goes so deep, why we use 10 spots on the list to get to one hire?
                                SDT, I understand why the list goes deep. My comment was just that it seemed like more than 500 when I was standing on that line trying to make my way through the door that morning
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8159 users online. 443 members and 7716 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X