Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't expect a second round of processing until there is actually another class in the academy.

Comment

• I was one of the 46 or so who passed the last processing and didn't get called in April. I however received a call from my BI a few minutes ago and am going to meet with him Friday afternoon for a follow up. I was shocked especially since in my local paper it stated that there may not even be a next academy class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
        Is this open to the public? I would love to go see this.
        You need a ticket to attend, but the tickets are free. Problem is, there is limited space, and therefore limited tickets. They start with the seating capacity, subtract the number of seats for graduating recruits, staff, Executive members, etc. Then they split the remainder up equally amongst the recruits. The number each gets depends on the size of the class.

It's often around 5 or 6 each. The recruits are free to give them to anyone they want. If somone knows only two family members will atttend, he/she can give them to other recruits.

There are never empty seats.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I overheard someone at processing weekend say that he heard the next academy was going to be pushed back something like 24weeks. Obviously, I don't know for sure, but just throwing it out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
            You need a ticket to attend, but the tickets are free. Problem is, there is limited space, and therefore limited tickets. They start with the seating capacity, subtract the number of seats for graduating recruits, staff, Executive members, etc. Then they split the remainder up equally amongst the recruits. The number each gets depends on the size of the class.

It's often around 5 or 6 each. The recruits are free to give them to anyone they want. If somone knows only two family members will atttend, he/she can give them to other recruits.

There are never empty seats.
            Thanks a lot SDT! Unfortuanetly I don't know anyone in the graduating class which sucks for me, I wish I knew someone. I'm sure it would be a great experience, thanks again SDT.

Comment

• Anyone hear anything on the size of the next class going in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian23 View Post
                Anyone hear anything on the size of the next class going in?
                Don't quote me on this but they are usually 5' - 6' 6" and between 120Ibs and 280Ibs...

Comment

• another round of lb posts

That 280 comment will draw another round of questions/answers/thoughts about the use of height/weight charts and body/fat percentages.
                  Suffice it to say that I am 6-4, 305 at present and can do all tests at the graduate standards for the Cooper testing. Which several serving Troopers have stated here and in person to me, when I asked, is the standard.

Comment

• Yeah...I'm 6' but they measured me at 5'10". I weighed in at 216 and had to go to the fatboy line to get tested for body fat. I was 12.2% body fat though, so I easily met that standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian23 View Post
                      Anyone hear anything on the size of the next class going in?
                      No, way too early to predict that. I heard on the news yesterday, however, that NYS DOCS is losing positions through attrition. Not a good sign.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• post deleted
                        Last edited by NYSPHOPEFUL; 11-29-2008, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Everything I've heard points to you lucky 46 getting first shot as well. It only makes sense. I don't imagine all 46 will still take it and I'm still comfortable with my position.

Comment

• I wonder if us deferment guys will be called before the new list guys?
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                              When you say last processing, you mean Sept 13th or previous processing?

Also - Anyone have copy of recent contract or can post some details.
                              Previous. I processed out back in March and never got called.

Comment

• I've probably missed a lot here, there's this kid in my company that received a letter to go through the NYSP hiring and he declined I was like damn kiddo.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10321 users online. 399 members and 9922 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X