Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blitzfitz2150 View Post
    Taken from Newsday website.

Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy removed all county police officers from patrol duty on the Long Island Expressway and Sunrise Highway at 10 a.m. Monday morning, the capstone in his battle to force the State Police to monitor the roads.....

"This will generate savings and provide savings while we await further action from the state," he said.

The article goes on to say he pulled a total of 13 officers this time and once before in July. If Nassau does a similar number and the NYSP are forced to patrol the roads that could put upwards of 25-40 more troopers on the roads if i'm not mistaken.

Don't know what that means to the next class size or anything but hey more jobs is more jobs.

Also this is apparently a battle they've been having for some time so I wouldn't expect any instant reactions or changes. Just thought i'd bring it to everyone's attention for discussion.

Read the entire original article:
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/su...,6827337.story
    Class size has nothing to do with some political BS some Suit is trying to pull... it has to do with how many seats in the Main Lecture Hall (not the auditorium ) that the budget allows for.
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff's took over control of the highways.
      Nassau county is not (or every will) pull county PO's off the highways. Suozzi has no intentions of following Levy.
      sigpic

Comment

• I didn't attend this weekend because I have exactly 0 college credits. I will need to defer.

Comment

• Wow the Sheriff's are now patrolling the highways I didn't see that coming. I still hope the State takes Sunrise Hwy and the Expressway over, I'm sure that would open up more spots for Troopers on Long Island.

Comment

• In suffolk yes, I'd like to see either SP or the Sheriff's take over patrols but in nassau I'd like to see HPB stick around and patrol SOB expressway and the LIE.
            I always thought NCPD did a better job on the highways.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rescue106 View Post
              I didn't attend this weekend because I have exactly 0 college credits. I will need to defer.

I hope you deferred before this weekend. I am pretty sure you have to defer before any dates.

Comment

• so what are the chances we hear by the end of Dec 08 being that the acad at this point is likely to start in Jan. or Feb

Comment

• I wouldn't count on more than a few weeks notice.

Comment

• What is the latest news?

Comment

• Questions about call

What's up everyone, I'm new to this thread and had a few questions about the NY Trooper academy.

Does anyone know up to what rank # they've called?

My exam score is a 97.12%, and my rank is 3,207. When would be a good estimate that I will be called?

Comment

• $

G,

It will be way past when you get back from your $1,800 vacation ...that you don't want to miss to go to the NYPD Jan class if the reporting date interferes...

Comment

• It depends on the number of people they plan on putting through each academy class. They run (roughly) two classes a year.

If they want 100 people in the class, they'll invite 1000 people to begin processing. If they want 250 people, they'll invite 2500.

To date, they've invited roughly 1000 people off the new list to begin processing for the next academy class. That class is rumored to begin late this year or early next year.

Comment

• gmoney718,

If your score was a 97 your rank would not be in the 3000s.

Comment

• Indeed w/ a score of around 96 put me, for example, w/ a rank just over 1,000

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1938 View Post
                                Indeed w/ a score of around 96 put me, for example, w/ a rank just over 1,000
                                As for me, I had a 95 and am ranked 1,700...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12029 users online. 425 members and 11604 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X