Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I passed everything today as well. What a long day. There seemed to be well over 1000 candidates there today, not counting the females, who apparently arrived earlier in the day. Looking forward to a 'relaxing' psych test tomorrow.

Comment

• I passed everything today too. Was kind of hard to attempt to count people the way everybody went in circles but there was def several hundred people. Heard from one of the girls there was about 125 girls. Hopefully we get responses and the polygraphs scheduled quick. I heard 3-6 weeks for a call from a local psychologist. If anyone has a better guess feel free to correct me.
      NYSP
      2008 Exam Score - 97.64
      Rank- 6xx

Comment

• While all you guys went to the PAT, I went to a local Oktoberfest. Sorry to rub it in. Seriously though, good luck to all.
        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
          Good Luck.
          Wow, was the Fair detail that bad? You don't show yourself around here for almost 4 weeks afterwards

For those interested the current class will be going into week 22 and are scheduled to graduate on time...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYIllini
            The last thing I can remember before making that post was beefing up security at the Ted Nugent Concert.
            Given Ted Nugent's reputation, I'm surprised there was a need for security at all. I would expect any problems within the concert to resolve themselves after a couple minutes. Of course, moving the bodies out of there might prove to be a challenge.

Originally posted by NYIllini
            I spent half a day there with my wife and discovered I am highly allergic to barn animals Things you just don't learn growing up in Chicago.
            After that incident a couple years ago with the cow and the lantern, I'm pretty sure MOST of Chicago is allergic to barn animals.

Comment

• So yesterday was a blast. It was like going to great adventure for the day, but no ride at the end of the line!! Just got home from the psyh. There seemed to be only about 400 people there. Do they do more than one psych test, or is that is all that was left from 1200 yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPSMDY View Post
                So yesterday was a blast. It was like going to great adventure for the day, but no ride at the end of the line!! Just got home from the psyh. There seemed to be only about 400 people there. Do they do more than one psych test, or is that is all that was left from 1200 yesterday?
                Did you see that line outside in the morning? My guess is there was a bit more then 400 there. They had the two groups, one in the cafeteria and another in the auditorium. I could be wrong, but it just seemed like a heck of a lot more then 400.

Saturday was a long day, I was there 9-6. Of course the sun started blazing as soon as our group got to the track for the run.
                Today was a little better, I think I finished up around 12:30. My psych is scheduled for about a week and a half from today.

Comment

• I had a great weekend
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally Posted by NYSPSMDY
                    "So yesterday was a blast. It was like going to great adventure for the day, but no ride at the end of the line!! Just got home from the psyh. There seemed to be only about 400 people there. Do they do more than one psych test, or is that is all that was left from 1200 yesterday?"

If you were in the big auditorium (where they did the tattoo check on day one) for your written psych then yeah there was about 400-500 people in there, but i believe that was the last room they filled. Because when we were walking in there were people in the regular classrooms taking it too. You could see them through the windows.
                    NYSP
                    2008 Exam Score - 97.64
                    Rank- 6xx

Comment

• I heard the lady that did the final check on my documents say that only around 500 showed up for day 1 of processing.

Comment

• all the tables in the cafeteria were filled and when i went to turn in my test the auditorium looked pretty full too.

Comment

• Wow I really wish I had scored 1 point higher on the test. For the rest of us, lets hope that they do the second round of processing soon.
                          Last edited by NYSP1938; 09-15-2008, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Any word on the start date of the next class?

Comment

• i think it starts in january. but i could be wrong.

Comment

• Levy pulls more cops from state roads

Taken from Newsday website.

Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy removed all county police officers from patrol duty on the Long Island Expressway and Sunrise Highway at 10 a.m. Monday morning, the capstone in his battle to force the State Police to monitor the roads.....

"This will generate savings and provide savings while we await further action from the state," he said.

The article goes on to say he pulled a total of 13 officers this time and once before in July. If Nassau does a similar number and the NYSP are forced to patrol the roads that could put upwards of 25-40 more troopers on the roads if i'm not mistaken.

Don't know what that means to the next class size or anything but hey more jobs is more jobs.

Also this is apparently a battle they've been having for some time so I wouldn't expect any instant reactions or changes. Just thought i'd bring it to everyone's attention for discussion.

Read the entire original article:
                                http://www.newsday.com/news/local/su...,6827337.story
                                NYSP
                                2008 Exam Score - 97.64
                                Rank- 6xx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7792 users online. 373 members and 7419 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X