NO MULLETS!!!!!

What about the North Country guys? You know how they love mullets up there
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Wow that picture is horrid.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP1938 View Post
        Wow that picture is horrid.
        What are you talking about? I'm growing the thinning version of that the day I retire
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Hello everyone. I hope the training has gone well for anyone processing this weekend.

To make a long story short, I was jogging this morning and I sprained my right ankle pretty badly. If my past injuries are any indicator of how long it will take to recover, I will not be at 100% by Saturday morning.

Are my only two options to (1) suck it up and run or (2) defer to some later processing date? If I defer to a later date, does that necessarily mean a later class, or will there be another processing weekend for this class?

I have a job which I don't mind, so deferring to a latter class wouldn't be the end of the world for me. I just want to make sure I'm not harming my chances whatever I do. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam501 View Post
            I just want to make sure I'm not harming my chances whatever I do. Thanks.
            Tape it real good... take some motrin and tough it out for 11 minutes. Speaking from experience... one class can mean the diffrence between getting on a detail you really want and not. If you don't mind being one class behind what you possibly could be... defer but I would tough it out unless I absolutely couldn't run.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• R I C E

You have plenty of time to give threatment to the ankle.

Rest; Stop running now.
              Ice; Ice the injured area for 20 minutes at a time 3 x's during the day.
              Compression; Go drug store buy 6 inch ace bandage, figure 8 wrap the injured ankle when you are not icing same.
              Elevation; Lie down of couch, elevate injured leg/ankle onto the back of the couch, so that ankle is above your heart. Or bed with multiple pillows under injured leg from knee flex to heel to that ankle is above heart. Try to sleep like that.

Motrin is good, if you are over 150lbs and near 200 you can take one more pill than what the bottle suggests.

When running, either buy an ankle brace/support or some 3 inch adhesive tape and read how to do taping job from Internet (figure 8 or basketweave should work).]

Remember in the "old days" coaches used to say "run it off" when you sprained anything and usually nobody had to have amputations.....

Go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rescue106 View Post
                Anyone get invited to Troop L tomorrow at 7pm?
                No invite over here, but a coworker was. His rank was about 100 ahead of mine. What was it about? A basic question and answer session about this upcoming weekend?

Comment

• Being that today is the anniversary of 9/11, I want to say thanks to all the Troopers that responded to NYC 7 years ago.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    Being that today is the anniversary of 9/11, I want to say thanks to all the Troopers that responded to NYC 7 years ago.
                    Me as well.
                    Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

Being that today is the anniversary of 9/11, I want to say thanks to all the Troopers that responded to NYC 7 years ago.
                      Being that today is the anniversary of 9/11, I think we should also be thanking you for your service in the War on Terrorism.

Comment

me too.

btw whats a good thing to eat the night before and the morning of the pat? does the pat happen first thing or do we wait awhile before doing it? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                          I squat over 700 lbs
                          a$s to grass? thats some serious weight

Comment

What about the North Country guys? You know how they love mullets up there
                            I have the funniest email in the world about mullets. It's a 24 page pdf document, so I can't post it here. If your interested in it, PM me with your email address.

If your on the job, groupwise me.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• So after passing processing and slated to take the pscyh test tomorrow, how long does the background investigation take, with minor things listed on the integrity form(like having used limewire to download music) and with no arrests.

anyone that could help me out with this? I appreciate it as i would have a lot of relocation planning to do as soon as i hear from NYSP...

Thank you

Comment

• I passed everything today as well...see you all tomorrow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4938 users online. 181 members and 4757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X