300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep it up

Michael Jordan used to lift weights the morning of an NBA game, Larry Bird would run a few miles in 'dagarden the day of a night game.
    But they were professionals and in perfect shape...

Stretch, warm up, and jog till you get a light sweat, warm down, stretch, Thurs AND Fri.
    Go to bed early on Thursday, you probably will be too keyed up to get 8 on Fri nite.

Comment

• Thx for the reply jb

Comment

• should i cut my hair before this weekend? it's about an inch and a half long. do they care about appearance at processing? thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Tlundberg04 View Post
          should i cut my hair before this weekend? it's about an inch and a half long. do they care about appearance at processing? thanks
          My guess would be, get a hair cut. I'm not an expert on what the NYSP expects an applicant to look like, but I've seen people get blasted for poor grooming when I've processed with another state LE agency.

JMHO
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

should i cut my hair before this weekend? it's about an inch and a half long. do they care about appearance at processing? thanks
            Think of it in this perspective...would you show up to an interview without getting a haircut? I always treat each step of the hiring process as an interview. It doesn't matter which agency you're processing with. Treat each step (PAT, Psych, Poly, ETC.) as if you're going to be interviewed. At least that's my personal philosophy.

Comment

I appreciate the other comments, and it can never hurt to look your best, but this isn't a critical matter. Some people look juts fine with hair that long. It looks sloppy on me, however.

I wouldn't give it too much thought.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
                i've read in other places that to realistically have a shot, you need to have 7 or 8 years on, but thats just something i read somewhere, hopefully one of the guys on here will be able to give you reliable information.
                Depends on where you are. In some places, they have no applicants for the BCI. In other places, they have lots of them. Eithe way, they are hand-picked from among the troopers seeking the position. There is no test for it.

It's completely different job from patrol. Frankly, it's never appealed to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                  Some people look juts fine with hair that long. It looks sloppy on me, however.
                  SDT,
                  What are the reg's for a Troopers hair? All the guys I know keep it pretty short.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• It's almost here... PAT weekend! Just wanted to say Good Luck to all of those who were invited for the PAT/Processing this weekend. Arrive early... (I would personally arrive 45 mins to 1 hour early at minimum).

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!!

Comment

• Anyone get invited to Troop L tomorrow at 7pm?

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        SDT,
                        What are the reg's for a Troopers hair? All the guys I know keep it pretty short.

Has to be off the collar. NO MULLETS!!!!!

Must not be over the top of the ears.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                          Frankly, it's never appealed to me.
                          +1
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• might as well buzz it off just to be safe. i usually wear a hat anyways.

Comment

• I've just had the hardest week of my life ever...hopefully I trained enough up until now because I haven't had the focus now...that's for sure.

Good luck to the rest and god willing I've done enough to do what I need to do.

Comment

• For those of us not taking the PT test yet, here is the link to the DEA's 8 week training booklet on how to prepare for their PT test. Most of it is pretty simple, but can it could give one a routine to follow.

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/job/agent/pdf/PTTBooklet.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7764 users online. 400 members and 7364 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X