Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sgt N.C. (retired)??

Comment

• Interesting, my rank went up 14 places.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUCCO View Post
        Sgt N.C. (retired)??
        He was there when I was a recruit (22 1/2 yrs ago), and 8 years later when I was an ATO. Oh the stories I could tell you.

One of my favorites goes like this. We were doing the fitness testing portion of candidate processing. Tpr NC (at the time) and I were doing the dumbell press portion. The maximum weight we would allow someone to attemp was around 85 lbs. Nobody pressed it with both arms, and nobody pressed it up easily. Though some people did it with either the left or right hand.

After someone failed to press it right handed, he would pick it up right handed, very casually press it 7 or 8 times. Not straining, not breathing hard. In fact he'd say "don't worry about it kid, there's a lot of gravity today.

A few minutes later he would do the same thing left handed.

Pound for pound, the strongest guy I ever met.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by tacstar View Post
          Interesting, my rank went up 14 places.
          I stayed the same.
          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• I remember running the loop with the sandbags then coming back in the gym. He was there with a scale making sure you did not dump the sand out along the way

Comment

• Yes, I was referring to Sgt N. C. I remember one day when he took great pleasure during Defensive Tactics showing everyone how my arm would bend into a "U" shape. He let all the other instructors feel the tension, stating how it felt like it was going to shatter at any moment. Ahhhh the memories . I went to his retirement party and told him that I had the greatest respect for what he did and how he did it. To this day, I have never met anyone who has enjoyed pain so much....
              Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
              American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPR View Post
                its only been 4 months for me but, how true. those changes did serve a purpose though.
                4 Months ago? That would be April 29th, 2008...(unless you got smoked during field training, in which case, that's a HARDCORE FTO!)

Comment

• I just checked and my rank and it went down a bit as well. It can't be that they eliminated the people from the last list that also took the 08 test, because I'm one of them!

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                    4 Months ago? That would be April 29th, 2008...(unless you got smoked during field training, in which case, that's a HARDCORE FTO!)
                    I agree with Phoenix23 "That would be 1 Hardcore FTO"

The last part of Futuretpr's statement still is a puzzling one for me. "those changes did serve a purpose though" how so?

Outside of the pure entertainment value that it gave to the ATO's?

Comment

• Just hit 60 pushups for the first time ever...including my active military time. I'm up to 59 situps in a minute as well. I haven't been able to run for about a week because of horrible shin splints/knee pain. I had my time around 11:20 which isn't great and I'm going to test it out tomorrow. I'm becoming a little nervous about the run now.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                        Originally posted by nyyfan View Post
                        I agree with Phoenix23 "That would be 1 Hardcore FTO"

The last part of Futuretpr's statement still is a puzzling one for me. "those changes did serve a purpose though" how so?

Outside of the pure entertainment value that it gave to the ATO's?
                        pure sarcasm. grad was 5/16 they still smoked us until that day.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Shins

You need to throw out your current running shoes. NOW.

Have yourself measured for new shoes and have that person watch your running style, most especially how your foot strikes the ground on your stride.
                          The person checking your style should be a runner/well trained in finding the correct shoe for your particular style.
                          Then have someone show you how to properly warm up, prior to each run.
                          That person should also show you the proper warm down as well.
                          Also check the surface you are funning on, STOP ALL RUNS on street, concrete, macadam ANY HARD SURFACE and run on grass fields for the time being.
                          If pain does not go away, see Doctor for X-ray you may have stress fracture.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                              Just hit 60 pushups for the first time ever...including my active military time. I'm up to 59 situps in a minute as well. I haven't been able to run for about a week because of horrible shin splints/knee pain. I had my time around 11:20 which isn't great and I'm going to test it out tomorrow. I'm becoming a little nervous about the run now.
                              Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                              You need to throw out your current running shoes. NOW.

Have yourself measured for new shoes and have that person watch your running style, most especially how your foot strikes the ground on your stride.
                              The person checking your style should be a runner/well trained in finding the correct shoe for your particular style.
                              Then have someone show you how to properly warm up, prior to each run.
                              That person should also show you the proper warm down as well.
                              Also check the surface you are funning on, STOP ALL RUNS on street, concrete, macadam ANY HARD SURFACE and run on grass fields for the time being.
                              If pain does not go away, see Doctor for X-ray you may have stress fracture.
                              Agreed, with one caveat.
                              Warm up, stretch, work out, cool down. You can even throw another stretch in there after your workout for good measure.

I'm finding myself getting more and more active in the running community in my area. If you don't know of a place where you can go to have your stride evaluated, drop me a PM.

Comment

• I found a rubberized track today and ran just a mile to ease back into it after the break I took. It seemed to go pretty well.

When I was in Basic Training they measured my feet for an appropriate shoe. They were Asics and always felt great. Asics typically evolve their shoe line rather than develop tons of new models. I bought the newest installation of this shoe thinking it would be the best fit once again. I am definitely starting to question this and maybe I need more support than I did 6 years ago?

Up until now all of my running has been done on a treadmill or pavement...primarily treadmill.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7328 users online. 388 members and 6940 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X