Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranked around 990 and I received a letter today. No time to type... must run.

Comment

• I ranked around 11k and I got a notice...

from my credit card company. They want money.

Dang, it looked so official too!

Good luck to all those processing and I hope the new contract works out to the benefit of all Troopers.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Contract is definately good, especially considering the state of the state. 2010 will be a very good year.... We received quite a bit more than we gave. Will definately have to study for the Sgt's exam this time though.
        Last edited by Standing_Tall; 08-18-2008, 08:48 PM.
        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
          Contract is definately good, especially considering the state if the state. 2010 will be a very good year.... We received quite a bit more than we gave.
          I do remember when the PBA said they wanted to make us the highest paid State Police agency in the nation... it looks like Dan is keeping his word.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• You ladies and gents aren't losing any vacation time or having to contribute more for benefits are you? No catch 22 per se?

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Comment

• Originally posted by VeeDubs86 View Post
              You ladies and gents aren't losing any vacation time or having to contribute more for benefits are you? No catch 22 per se?
              We gave back a little
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                We gave back a little
                Hopefully a little is better than having half your vacation time cut (plus an extra day for sidearm qualification) for a minor pay raise a la NYPD.

New York State Police

Comment

• Got my letter today as well!!!!! Spent the last two hours filling out the background info. 10+ years of moving around makes it REALLY difficult to remember and find old addresses! I think eating blueberries improves/retains memory is a crock! Good luck to all who have received a letter.

Comment

• Congrats to everyone who got their letter!

Does anyone think that this new contract will deter potential retirees and make less room for us new guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                      I am ranked in the high 400's and no letter yet, I will be out of the country that date anyway on business and would need to apply for deferment.

Another topic that I posted a few months ago, if any of you are low on the list and looking for a state police gig check out MD. MSP hiring process is 3-4 months and they have a 4 day out of state process. The pay is not close to NYSP but they start in the 40's w/ a take home cruiser and top notch equipment. The training like most state orgs is very hard core w/ a ton of running.

They are full service but also have a bunch of traffic barracks that patrol the DC/Balt area and large parts of "cocaine lane" 95. www.mdsp.org
                      Hey, quit recruiting from our people.

Actually, one of my fellow sgt's here is a former Maryland state trooper, a retired Maryland trooper is running for sheriif in Steuben County NY
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code21 View Post

Does anyone think that this new contract will deter potential retirees and make less room for us new guys?
                        No, the money is not so huge as to change retirement plans. I know several people with dates in mind, and they haven't budged at all. They will be retiring as planned.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• With the first round of letters going out, is there any word on how many recruits they're looking to get for the next class?

Comment

• I believe someone put the number at or around 60.

New York State Police

Comment

• People on here that got letters were in the 900s so that leads me to believe they are calling around 1000. At the historical rate of one recruit per ten candidates I'm guessing around 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by cadetlinux View Post
                                People on here that got letters were in the 900s so that leads me to believe they are calling around 1000. At the historical rate of one recruit per ten candidates I'm guessing around 100.
                                There were some holdovers from the last test too if I remember an earlier post correctly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12011 users online. 423 members and 11588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X